18x7.5 with 43 mm offset?

forsaken7

Hey guys, I read a sticky on here (or mazda 3 forums) about safe installation on a stock height (not lowering ever) and I couldn't find anything about +43 offset...
I'm trying to get black rims and I found a pair for cheap and it's 18x7.5 with a 43 offset...no tires on it atm

I was wondering, would it fit a 2005 5dr s?

Not 100% sure, but I think you will need to roll your rears. There may be a rub when loaded and go over a bump.

You should be fine especially if your stock height. someone else has 18x7.5 +42 lowered and they don't rub on full lock turns. (on m3f)

yes it will fit, anything 42+, but you still need to roll your front fenders. the 04-06 did not roll fenders from factory like on the 07+.

Last edited:
You do NOT need to roll your fenders. They WILL fit.

I've had wheels with those exact same specs with a lowered ride height and they fit fine without any problems.

I too am still learning what does and does not fit without issues. Thanks for the info guys.

what size tires are we talking about here? I'm also looking for 18"..maybe with 215/45/18 tires, or 225/45/18 tires my preference.. will those fit ?

225/40-18 is stock diameter. 45's will be a tad taller than the 205/50-17's. Have 225/40-18's on Mazda CX-7 OEM wheels, 18x7.5, stock height, zero rubbing issues on a 2007 HB

hmm i dont think i can do 40.. too low for these harsh streets... is 225 on the mazda 3 pretty flush ?

Hey guys, I read a sticky on here (or mazda 3 forums) about safe installation on a stock height (not lowering ever) and I couldn't find anything about +43 offset...
I'm trying to get black rims and I found a pair for cheap and it's 18x7.5 with a 43 offset...no tires on it atm

I was wondering, would it fit a 2005 5dr s?
They will fit and if you run a 215 40 18 you will be .24" smaller diameter than the stock wheel/tire combo (24.77 ' vs. 25.1") And you do not have to roll your fenders. I have a 7.5" et 42 that I can drive tucked without rubbing. If your not lowering than you have no worries.

Just to confirm...I am looking to buy some Gen 1 MSP3 Rims and tires for my 05 Mazda 3, Do I have to worry about rubbing? I'm assuming not based on everyone's answers

Just to confirm...I am looking to buy some Gen 1 MSP3 Rims and tires for my 05 Mazda 3, Do I have to worry about rubbing? I'm assuming not based on everyone's answers

Look like the MS3 wheels will be out 6mm further than the stock 17x6.5", which is what 1/4". You won't have an issue with rubbing unless you go with a super wide tire.

Back