16 year old doing 142mph in WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
:
Mazda MP3
I just saw this on the news. Thats pretty crazy. I know people do go over that speed, but what do you say when you get pulled over (ughdance), "I'm in a hurry to get home" ? Supposedly he didn't get arrested, and was able to drive off with a ticket. Also, they are saying that its the fastest anyone has gotten pulled over in the Chicago land area. There are some posts on NASIOC that say the car was an STi.

VALPARAISO, Ind. - A teenager charged with driving 142 mph along a four-lane divided highway said he was speeding home so his parents wouldn't be mad at him for being late, police said.

Brandon D. Raap, 16, faces speeding and misdemeanor reckless driving charges and could have his license suspended, police said.
Porter County sheriff's deputies stopped Raap along a rural stretch of U.S. 30 at 12:40 a.m. Saturday after a radar gun clocked his 2004 Subaru Impreza going almost 90 mph faster than the posted 55 mph limit, police said.

It might be the fastest speed ever recorded on the northwestern Indiana county's roads, said Porter County sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Tim Emmons.

"Most people's cars won't go that fast," he said.

Raap told police he was late getting home and didn't want his parents to be angry, Deputy John Brubaker said in his report. Raap told Brubaker he didn't have a curfew but is usually home by midnight.

Brubaker didn't arrest Raap, who had a valid Colorado license, but told him to drive straight home and call him within an hour. Raap's mother, Cindy Raap, called instead and Brubaker told her what happened.

The Associated Press left a message with Raap's parents at their home in Valparaiso seeking comment. They declined to comment when contacted by the Post-Tribune of Merrillville.

"Kids sort of have tunnel vision," Emmons said. "They're so concerned with not getting yelled at or grounded, they place other people's lives in jeopardy."

The highway has two lanes in each direction, divided by a median, and traffic is usually light that time of night, Emmons said.

Information from: Post-Tribune, http://www.post-trib.com

A service of the Associated Press(AP)

damn...not fair. man...no way 142 is the fastest recorded b a cop....and even if it was theres no reason the media should EVER say that because now everyother 16 year old has thier ego down and is going to want to boost it up by breaking the "record" since 142 is achievable is quite a few typical 16 year old cars.

Thats Bull....."im late going home, dont wanna get yelled at". Kid shoulda went to jail and license suspended till he's 18.

MP3Architect said:
damn...not fair. man...no way 142 is the fastest recorded b a cop....and even if it was theres no reason the media should EVER say that because now everyother 16 year old has thier ego down and is going to want to boost it up by breaking the "record" since 142 is achievable is quite a few typical 16 year old cars.

Fastest in the Northwest Indiana County Roads homie, being caught of course.

heard this story tonight at dinner with the family. if i were the parent i would rip that cop a new asshole for not writing my kid a ticket and put that scooby on craigslist faster than you can say "its what makes a subaru a subaru"

that is scary... i have fun too but you should know where and when! abvoisly it was before or near 12 where there are still quite a few cars on the road

Captain KRM P5 said:
heard this story tonight at dinner with the family. if i were the parent i would rip that cop a new asshole for not writing my kid a ticket and put that scooby on craigslist faster than you can say "its what makes a subaru a subaru"

he did get a ticket

Wouldn't be suprising if this story "inspired" some to be "Fast and Furious" (yupnope)

Midnightracer22 said:
and why did he even stop? he could have blown by and dis-a-freakin-peared

ya im wondering the same thing.

only thing i can think is... the cop was rolling on the highway too and saw the Subie coming, and clocked him while he was doing 60 or so.

jeg0024 said:
None of you guys ever been driving that fast?
No. There no reason to go that fast on a public street. I'll admit to going over 100 but no where near as high as this kid.

at 140mph the only police vehicle that can catch you is either a camaro or flys in the air. why the **** would you stop?

I couldn't imagined getting caught going that fast when i was 16. I would have been shitting bricks. I would have wanted to go to jail. cuz my parents would have killed me. Hell they probably try to kill me now a decade later.....

Kid deserved to flip that vehicle into a ditch. I hate people who drive way too fast on the roads. Dumb ass kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back