13 sec. 1/4 mile?

Pkay said:
and getting a power fc doesn't mean you can do whatever you'd like to your car and have no fear of detonation.

Getting forged internals does mean you can boost 10psi and not be in fear of trashing your engine.
getting fuel/timing control DOES mean you can boost 10psi(or more) without fear of trashing the engine, look at some of the p5's on stock internals, running 14psi with a BIGGER turbo. Its all about the tuning...

mp5jeff said:
getting fuel/timing control DOES mean you can boost 10psi(or more) without fear of trashing the engine, look at some of the p5's on stock internals, running 14psi with a BIGGER turbo. Its all about the tuning...
i didnt say anything about 10psi.... i said it didnt warrant doing whatever you wanted with it. if you wanna tune your car so you can run 14psi with a bigger turbo go for it.... might not happen to everyone but someones gonna blow an engine and it's gonna suck donkey dick. Now take the other group who got forged internals. Their pocket books are a bit more empty but their balls hang a bit lower. They can run the same setup at 14psi and tune their car a bit more aggressively and be at the same comfort level. Or they can run their car at 17psi and tune to prevent detonation and still stand less of a chance of towing home their car.

once again.... dood asked what he should spend his cash on I suggested forged internals. Because if theres a 1 in 20 chance someone with a 13 second MSP can blow an engine, I don't want to be that person.

a 13 sec msp is doable....fuel management is not an issue..upgrades in fuel components will be though....and some higher than 93 octane will be needed.

I know this may sounds dumb, but what is MPI tuner?

sorry, I just never heard of this before.(uhm)

And BTW....which company sells internals....?....I check www.raceeng.com and they dont have anything for the 2.0L Mazda motor.....

Last edited:
I remember a thread about this not to long ago. Someone recommended that the money be used for a wonder power making performance item called a trade-in. Once you have purchased the 13 sec car (Evo 8, STI, etc...) you don't have to spend much more to get in the 12's or even 11's.

Short-ram intake, full downpipe/exhaust, FCD, boost controller (~13psi), 100+ octane... and one of the most important things to lower your ET in this car: AWR motor mounts. Any tires better than stock would be nice as well, but the motor mounts are more important IMO. 13s is very possible without wheelhop.

-14.3 @ 99mph ... just Intake & MBC (stock tires, stock exhaust, stock motor mounts, etc)

its possible. all you need is basic bolt ons, up the boost and most important some new rubber! 15" or 16" light weight rims and some bfgoodrich g-force drag radials. luanch that thing a redline and ride the clutch, no problem. the lsd and stage what ever clutch will take care of the rest.

i say intake, downpipe, full exhuast, mbc "10psi" fcd, 100 octane, colder plugs, motor mounts, good rubber, you should be knocking on 13's door

Pkay said:
once again.... dood asked what he should spend his cash on I suggested forged internals. Because if theres a 1 in 20 chance someone with a 13 second MSP can blow an engine, I don't want to be that person.
Since no one is in those times. I'd say for a while we will see 15/20 blowing up trying to run those numbers.

there are 13sec MSP's.... just check the 1/4 Mile Thread.

there's a lot of mis-information and speculating going on in this thread....

SDS engine management
Slicks
New final drive gear

Save up a tiny bit more and get a new clutch as well. That alone will get you down to 14's. Maybe a 14.5 (assuming you drop your 60' time .3 with the slicks, .1 with EMS and .1 with new final drive gear.

Then do some weight reduction until you are down to a 14.2
Turn the boost up a few lbs, retard timing, run 102octane and hit a 13.9x.

I will show you some 13.xxx timeslips within the next few months. Once I get a boost controller I know i'll make it into the 13's. I don't care if I run a 13.999, I just wanna make it there. My mods are, ion fmic, ion 2.5 dp, (ion sri, soon!!), awr motor mounts, 15 inch rota subzero's with bfg drag radials on them. I will be ordering a boost controller with some of my tax return, I think with that i'll be close if not there.

Back