12V power outlet is ON all the time (CX-5 2016). Not good :(

Hey guys, I just got a 2016 CX-5 GS yesterday and noticed this problem too, the thing is, I'm connecting my dash cam to the 12V outlet in the center console, and it does not auto turn off my dash cam when I pressed the stop engine button. I am not sure what to do, please help! (gah)

This was never a problem on my other car as the 12V outlet always got turn off as the engine stops.

Hey guys, I just got a 2016 CX-5 GS yesterday and noticed this problem too, the thing is, I'm connecting my dash cam to the 12V outlet in the center console, and it does not auto turn off my dash cam when I pressed the stop engine button. I am not sure what to do, please help! (gah)
This was never a problem on my other car as the 12V outlet always got turn off as the engine stops.
Follow the link in post #5 and do the mod.

The mod is for 2013 CX-5. I'd imagine for 2016 it's similar.

Follow the link in post #5 and do the mod.

The mod is for 2013 CX-5. I'd imagine for 2016 it's similar.

Thanks for your suggestion, I read through that post but don't really want to mess with the fuse box myself and screw it up... I just can't believe why Mazda allow this??? what is the logic ???

You could plug your cigarette lighter cord into the USB outlet thanks to this USB to 5V Car Cigarette Lighter Socket Converter
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I ordered one for the 2016 CX-5 I just bought that turned out to not allow for Sirius XM on the stereo it came with, I'll let you know if it works.

I wouldn't. After all, your engine immobilizer circuit flashes an LED 24x7 and you can go months before you'd notice it. The lithium battery in cell phones is 3.8v or thereabouts. 5V from a USB port is enough to charge it 'if the amperage is sufficient.

sku_245604_1.jpg

One of these will measure voltage and amps from a USB source - if you're curious.
The drain OP wants to measure would be upstream of this device.

For the next guy that wants to bump this: It's a feature, not a bug. ;)

Back