12.85 at 105.85mph!!!!

MS6mike

:
06 MAZDASPEED6,07 MAZDA CX7
finally did it! (shady) YEA!!!!!!!!!!! 78 degree weather!

Attachments

• 12.85.jpg
    12.85.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 517
BIG congratulations out to ya!!

What boost did you program into the Standback? Any other programming tidbits you can share?

He was running 17psi. We tried running on 18psi and later on 19.5psi to no improvement. The cherry on top of that wonderful night at the track was mike busting his differential at the end. We didnt know until he did one nice FWD burn out when he tried to launch on the next run. When all seem bad, we got to illegally ride in the MS6 80 miles on TOP of a flat bed/tow truck. yay.

Last edited:
LBV said:
BIG congratulations out to ya!!

What boost did you program into the Standback? Any other programming tidbits you can share?

stock map at 17 psi was the best run!

Good one indead. Just a question for you guys who did the sub 13s. Did you guys run with normal fuel or race fuel mainly?

Both of us. I ran a few persistant very low 13s...but Mike did most of the runs. We mustve ran like 10-15 times..hence the diff. snapping.

We were running on regular fuel...a little bit less than 1/2 a tank. I think we did best times in the runs between the 5th and 9th because of the temp and the gas was just right...not too full not too empty...i heard it goes all they way back of the tank when its low (when you are pulling) so the engine doesnt get much or something. I think we only ran 2 14s overall. Both mike's hehe.

Tire pressure was set on 30psi, we didnt screw with that neither. Car had spare tire, passenger seat and all four doors lol. Just like you would find it on the street. temp was 70ish...very humid. So my guess is that with some tweaks to the tire pressure, spare tire off, racing fuel and a good cold temp, the car should hit some consistent 12s.

Last edited:
i am very sorry to hear about your diff....i just had the front case of my rear diff crack, warranty covered it. the only thing is...i wasn't even rallying my car the week it broke. so i've been driving it like a damn mazda6i lol. i'm very concerned that mazda's rear diff's can't hold up to the power the stock engine creates...let alone a modded one. ;-s

however congrats on the run...very nice!!!

because it is not tuned! wait and you will see the times ill be able to pull off once i am tuned!

I lived down in west palm for awhile but never went to moroso, passed it a bunch of times - I love the burn out marks all along that road lol

Back