100 octane on Spool Turboed cars?

:
12psi Protege5
Has anyone tried this before?

I mean, how much boost can you run on a 100 octane fuel?

I had 100 octane before, but...not raised the boost, i was just for my break-in after a rebuild of 2 broken pistons...a precaution.

Im want to try this. I just installed an MSD Aux Fuel Pump and with a MBC I can control the fuel pressure on the FMU using the Greddy A/F and EGT as reference.

I will be delivering the car to a local tunner and eventually to the dyno in order to make this safe enough, check for leaks, fuel delivery, etc.

corky bell's turbo book has a graph on page 155 that relates compression ratio, boost, and octane. probably a bit simplistic, but the graph suggests, at a 9:1 cr, you can run about 5-6 more psi if you run 100 octane (rather than 92).

I put 112 in my tank and snapped an axle, the gas is still in the tank, the axle is still broke.:D

GOTZOOM? said:
I put 112 in my tank and snapped an axle, the gas is still in the tank, the axle is still broke.:D

Unleaded? thats nice....how much PSI?

And...hehe, it wasnt the gas who broke the axle, it was your left foot and a heady right foot;)

igdrasil said:
Unleaded? thats nice....how much PSI?

And...hehe, it wasnt the gas who broke the axle, it was your left foot and a heady right foot;)

Leaded Race Gas. Actually its the slicks that broke the axle, I never got one run on the gas. The new beefy axles are on order, so we will see what it runs after those are in. I'll be runnin 15PSI with the Microtech.

GOTZOOM? said:
Leaded Race Gas. Actually its the slicks that broke the axle, I never got one run on the gas. The new beefy axles are on order, so we will see what it runs after those are in. I'll be runnin 15PSI with the Microtech.

Where you got them?

I may be running 10psi with 100 octane, but I fear on my pistons, I dont need another broken engine. The rebuilding is exhaustive.

igdrasil said:
Where you got them?

I may be running 10psi with 100 octane, but I fear on my pistons, I dont need another broken engine. The rebuilding is exhaustive.

The axles? How did you miss this thread?:D

Link to beefy axle.

Let me know if your interested, and I will add your name to the list.

Running 104 or higher octane you can run 9psi safely with a FMU at sea level. Race gas is a beautiful thing:)

Back