10-25 Auto-x - Ayer, MA

OrangeAppeal

:
'03 MSP - #729 - '90 CRX Si
Last weekend, I went with a few friends up to Devens Airfield in Ayer, MA. Had an unexpected, but very welcome introduction to scapamouche...learned some very helpful tips and had a great day.

The location is an abandoned air field, and the track condtions are awesome. It was a two day event, but I only attened the first day. Temps got into the mid to upper 60s and it was sunny. The course was 0.9 miles and there was no backtracking....up one runway, then across 2 taxing sections, then back donw another runway, ending near the start section.

If it wasn't for 1 cone, I would have placed 3rd (out of 5) in DS, but that's the way it goes (btw, I don't think I even hit a cone...it was a late call (after I finished the course), and I think it was by the car after me).

You can check out about 3/4 of the course on this video:

Link No Workie Anymore

It's in AVI (Quicktime) format, soo you may have to right click - "save as"

My times are as follows:

82.526+DNF
82.831+DNF
75.174+1
>74.147+1

1st run was feeling out the course. Second run included a 180 spin, which they called "off course" even though I made it through the gates. Third run, I finally got the hang of it. Then I had about a 2 1/2 hour break before my next run. And the last one was my best run of the day.

scapamouche is a great driver and knows his car...took first in DS with a 69.173. Kudos to you, man.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back