1.8L BP motor mounts?

rhinomx3

:
Mazda MX3 BP-Turbo
hey does anyone make urethane or other performance mounts for the BP engine? i called corksport and apparently mazdaspeed has discontinued their production of them... my engine is flopping around freely as of right now (BPT). hopefully someone makes them because filling my mounts definetly did not work the first time i tried. thanks for the help!

actually i'm positive that i did it wrong, but there isn't much i can do about it. the stuff i used came in a caulk tube, when i try to get it out with a caulking gun it either explodes out the side or shoots out the back of the tube. i've tried multiple times and it has never worked correctly. if you could point me to a site that would be great (as long as it doesn't involve 3M window weld).

we used window weld with absolutely no problem...unless you can rig some poly inserts, or just get new mounts all together

yea i've heard of a lot of people that said the stuff was great but it just didn't work for me...maybe the caulking gun i used wasn't good enough or something. anyways i ordered some urethane that comes as a hardener/resin from McMaster that should work well.

yea i'm planning to get a BP engine from corksport...do u guys think i need some kinda mount or other things for the new engine.

my car is a 1992 protege se (auto transmission).

No you shouldn't your B8 has a bp block so the BP frome corksport should bolt right up with your existing braces.

BTW you will definite ly need the G-type tranny from an LX. your frigile automatic will burn up faster than you you can say oops.

I'm assuming you already know this?

slayer4u said:
BTW you will definite ly need the G-type tranny from an LX. your frigile automatic will burn up faster than you you can say oops.

I'm assuming you already know this?

No...I did not know this thx for the tip...so I need a LX transmission i guess eh?!...

xerooption said:
would a LX automatic transmision work?

not wanting to drive stick?

keep in mind fuel management for using a BPT. if you use the BPT's computer, it is not programmed to control the automatic transmission i would think. and if you stick with the stock ECU, it will not properly add fuel for boost.

Captain KRM P5 said:
not wanting to drive stick?

keep in mind fuel management for using a BPT. if you use the BPT's computer, it is not programmed to control the automatic transmission i would think. and if you stick with the stock ECU, it will not properly add fuel for boost.

hmm...i'm kinda lazy lol since my car is a auto rite now...i can change it to manual...but do u think it is possible to twik the BPT to contol fuel management for the auto transmission? wat do u mean the stock ECU will not be able to add fuel for boost?

autos + power = no more tranny. just do it right and get the gseries 5 speed. if you really wanna do it right get the gseries with lsd

silver03p5 said:
autos + power = no more tranny. just do it right and get the gseries 5 speed. if you really wanna do it right get the gseries with lsd

g-series? i assume thats the brand??

...and lsd is...??

how much would a transimission conversion cost about? from automatic to manual?

Last edited:
LSD: limited slip differential.

G-series transmission: the transmission model mazda used w/ the BP engines.

"Add fuel w/ boost:" a turbocharger compresses the intake air, and thus the engine is taking in more air than normal. if you have more air, you need more fuel. your current ECU will not be able to compensate for the extra air a turbo will put into the cylinders.

it's probably not feasible to tweak the BPT ECU to work w/ an auto.

check out this FAQ: http://web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq/

also, it sounds like you should do a lot more reading before you send corksport (or anyone) a lot of money. i'm not saying not to do the swap, but you'll be better off if you know what's going on. IMO, it'd be easier (and probably cheaper) to sell your auto car and buy a clean 5-speed LX. they're out there. that way you'll have the tranny you need, and you could even sell the engine to make back some of your $$$.

dmitrik4 said:
LSD: limited slip differential.

G-series transmission: the transmission model mazda used w/ the BP engines.

"Add fuel w/ boost:" a turbocharger compresses the intake air, and thus the engine is taking in more air than normal. if you have more air, you need more fuel. your current ECU will not be able to compensate for the extra air a turbo will put into the cylinders.

it's probably not feasible to tweak the BPT ECU to work w/ an auto.

check out this FAQ: http://web2.airmail.net/theman/protegefaq/

also, it sounds like you should do a lot more reading before you send corksport (or anyone) a lot of money. i'm not saying not to do the swap, but you'll be better off if you know what's going on. IMO, it'd be easier (and probably cheaper) to sell your auto car and buy a clean 5-speed LX. they're out there. that way you'll have the tranny you need, and you could even sell the engine to make back some of your $$$.

thx man. ur awesome...I was thinking of doing some more research b4 i do anything..:)

I dun think I wanna sell my car tho I installed new speakers (4) into the car and got a new CD/Mp3 player in there.

I'll probably swap the transmission with a manual I can pick up from another protege? (or does it have to be LX?) I'm planning to get the Map ECU from Corksport and new brakes.

I guess it would be good to get Lsd eh?

do u think the new engine would be heavier than the current one, like I need new shocks or something?

Last edited:
i can't remember off the top of my head which models the G came in. it's in the FAQ. just keep in mind that the model designations for canada are sometimes different (e.g., we don't have a "GT" here...it's called the "ES"). you want the transmission from the 1st gen w/ the 1.8L DOHC engine.

american lx and canadian gt in first gens, es/gt in second gens and all 1.8 & 2.0 turd gens. you want the first gen one

silver03p5 said:
american lx and canadian gt in first gens, es/gt in second gens and all 1.8 & 2.0 turd gens. you want the first gen one

s***, it's so confusing of mazda changing the stupid model names in north america...

we have LX in canada...and it is a 1.8 L :)

hmm...I think dat should be it...for the 1.8 L, I'm not sure if there is another type of protege with a 1.8 L...

Back