06/07 MS6 differences

protege02

:
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
ok im wondering what are the differences between the 06's and 07's?

1. I think it's the gt interior. 06's are black and 07's are black and white leather

2. are the keys different, such as the 06's have a flip key, but I saw a flat key(pretty close to being flat) with a black key inserted in the keyhole in one car, but it didn't say if it was 06/07 though?

3. what are the production numbers for each year? I'm finding like 95% more 06's than 07's for sale.

4. I think 07's have rear folding seats, and 06's don't, so why is that? I know there is a tie bar or something like it in the 06's back seat.

5. Were there any extra add ons, such as the 08.5/09 ms3's have a mazdaspeed pillar thingy in red on the passenger side dash?

6. Don't know of anything else outside of that, but anything extra would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for the info and reading.

very minor differences between the 2. The key thing might be true I dont know. Mine is 07 and I have a flat credit card looking key. 07's have TSB's fixed like fuel pumps / clutch issues. Also I think the 06's have like 4 more bhp but im not sure if thats true.

My rear seats dont fold either so thats false.

there is a difference of 4hp but that's about it. I think the difference came because of the emmisions.

The difference in keys is between sport and gt models... sports get the flip keys, gt's get the advanced credit card like key.

Neither has folding seats.

The black and white leather was an option in 06, but I don't think it was available on the 07. I think the numbers produced between the two years were similar, but you're seeing more 06s on the market since a lot of leases are coming to an end.

To sum up...

1) The 2 tone was an option in 06, as mentioned.

2) I've seen all sorts of keys in the cars I test drove. My 06 GT has the credit card, and I'm pretty sure that was a GT feature, although keys may have been lost and replaced with something different along the way?

3) No idea.

4) All seats DO fold down, but none have the equipment to do it conveniently from the factory. Both years have bracing in the passthrough area to stiffen the car, but you can still find the little lever to release if you look up under your rear deck from the trunk.

5) As far as I know, navigation and maybe advanced keyless (credit card) were the only options on the GT. I think satellite radio and a factory MP3 player were also available on either.

I believe leather and sunroof were GT only options?

The main difference I know of between years is simply... color. 06 had like twice as many choices.

I love my sunroof :). Just a quick thread jack question. I know over 55 mph windows down eats up more gas than A/C. Does the sunroof create a significant amount of drag ?

if the windows do, the sunroof likely does as well. I don't know if I buy the whole "windows down costs more gas" thing anyway. I guess I don't care because I'd rather drive with em down regardless. With a sunroof was even better.

I love my sunroof :). Just a quick thread jack question. I know over 55 mph windows down eats up more gas than A/C. Does the sunroof create a significant amount of drag ?

yes, it does affect gas mileage. I tested that in my spec v about a year ago, and it's significant. I drove from here to abita springs, la with the windows and sunroof open, and I had to fill up about 50 or so miles before I was there. I was barely in la. On the way back, i drove with the a/c and I made it to my house barely with the light on(alpharetta, ga). then I went back again with nothing on, and I made it there with gas to spare. maybe 2 gallons left, but the light didn't come until we went some where else.

No major differences between the '06 and '07. 07's had most of the TSB's already done. The 4HP difference was due to the rating for gas (or so I was told). I had heard it was for a 91 rating in '07 and based off 93 for '06. The emissions comment mentioned before could be it as well. The engines are the same. GT models as stated had the credit card key. If it's advertised as a GT, it has leather, and the credit card key and there is a small button on the door handle that allows you to lock/unlock the car without taking the key out of your pocket. If it doesn't have the built in button on the door handle, it's a Sport. GT's also had heated seats and mirrors. Black and white leather only available in '06 on the GT. The color differences, BlackCherry and Whitewater Pearl were dropped from the '07 line-up. Fold down seats, not an option, all have the bracing across the back (found that out the hard way). Nav and moonroof, I do believe were options for the GT only. That about does it. Anything else we missed?????

I did notice that when I was looking for my car, there were a LOT of regular 6's labeled "speed6" in the ads. Once I got to know the car better I could tell right away by the pics, or sometimes they would even say V6 or Auto or something else completely contradictory.

The only differences between the Sport and GT were:

-advanced keyless entry
-leather interior
-heated front seats
-optional sunroof

Technically, the rear seats can fold down, but you have to manually get in the trunk to fold them down yourself. You can purchase the rear seat pulls from the regular 6 and mount them in and your seats will fold down, for only about $50.

The overall differences between 06 and 07 are pretty apparent. I know the only options for colors for 07 were: Liquid Platinum, Titanium Grey, Velocity Red, and Black Mica.
2006 colors were: Liquid Platinum, Whitewater pearl, Black Cherry Mica, Black Mica, Titanium Grey, and Velocity Red (I think).

I don't know how you get your production number for the MS6. I've heard that its the last 4 numbers of your VIN, but I don't think that's correct. The engine had a different cold pipe and different tuning, which only made *270 hp* vs 274 in 2006.

The warranty period was also different. 06's got the 4yr/50k mile bumper-to-bumper, but the 2007's got the 3yr/36k B-2-B warranty. Powertrain for both is 5yr/60k miles.

Two-tone interior was not available on the 07s from what I've been able to find.

Back