02 modifier/ voltage clamp, need help!

there is no way you are going to damage anything.
your simply running two parallel circiuts with those clips.:D

BEAVIS, i want you to check out that other thread on solving the o2 cel for the downpipe that i posted.

perfworks said:
there is no way you are going to damage anything.
your simply running two parallel circiuts with those clips.:D

well after further investigation i was wrong . well not completely. but greddy does not recomend you do the splicing . it may not work and could damage the module.
this was continued on another thread:D

It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. . .
and while we're at it, I read the OBD-II report and I don't know that I understand how to get around the O2 sensor problems yet. I have a rough idea based upon your other posts, but I really don't want to install the primary O2 sensor in the manifold.

If I were to install them in front and in back of the secondary cat, would that work?

I also don't understand how some people have no CEL when they are using something such as the BEGI off road pipe where the sensors are spaced only a little bit apart and no cat. Argh. Man this is frustrating.

beavis from what i understand it is more of an intermitent proplem. it depends on certain driving habits and the temps in the exhaust system. the temps and oxygen content in the exhaust directly affect the output signal to the ecu. the more of a voltage differential seen by the ecu between the two O2 sensors then the better.
it will think the cat is still in place doing its job without showing TWO consecutive drive mode faults and posting the CEL. if the CEL continues for a long period of time then it will go into "limp home" mode because it is an emmisions control devise.
this fix was for precautionary reasons and to be used as such.
in regards to the O2 in the manifold , it is the best place to get a feel for the O2 to read .but agian it doesnt mean that it will not function properly in the downpipe. it will . and in some cases depending on pipe diameter just as well as in the manifold:D

Back