MP5 w/GT SPEC strut bar?

BlkWidow

GT28RS+MP5= FUN!!!
Contributor
:
2002.5 Protege5T
who has the GT Spec front strut bar on their mp5 with cruise control, how did u mount the cruise control, and could u supply photo so i can see how it was done. wilson i will not have the stock brackets, i will only have the gt spec bar so how can it be done

Last edited:
i don't really have a good pic... but basically i just mounted it right over the cruise control bracket and i think i used some washers to fill in the gaps... i forget but i will look at it tomorrow mornin... i'll try and get a pic tomorrow morning for you

Last edited:
i don't really have a good pic... but basically i just mounted it right over the cruise control bracket and i think i used some washers to fill in the gaps... i forget but i will look at it tomorrow mornin... i'll try and get a pic tomorrow morning for you
i am going to trade my stock strut bar and brackets

that's a deal... but you can keep the cc bracket... cuz you don't need that to mount the stock strut bar

I gots it that way man. Just left the bracket on the passenger side & put the stb over it. CC still there just like before. Yeah, I know, it's 1/8 higher on that side but it still has the threads for the nuts to go on. Actually I used the gtspec ones on that side because they were a bit shorter than the oem ones & used oem ones on the drvr side. It looks pretty even & the bar barely & I mean barely touches the inside of the hood insulation thing in the middle. Here's a pic..............
new_stb.JPG

Here's those pictures... click to get a bigger picture... although kinda blurry cuz there phone pictures

As you can see I stuck some washers under there

It just sits righ over the Cruise Control Bracket

What does the stock one do? lol.

....the strut bar (in the front) will help stop body torsion and keep the frame straighter which is ideally better when taking harder turns, allowing you to keep a better grip on the ground

....the strut bar (in the front) will help stop body torsion and keep the frame straighter which is ideally better when taking harder turns, allowing you to keep a better grip on the ground
Sorry, that was not really a question..........fully aware of it's function.

If it makes you feel better about doing it...I just took mine off and placed it behind the strut tower. It doesnt move, nor does it rattle. Snug fit!

Attachments

• Photo0131.jpg
    Photo0131.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 98
Here's those pictures... click to get a bigger picture... although kinda blurry cuz there phone pictures

As you can see I stuck some washers under there
did u put washers on the drivers side?

If it makes you feel better about doing it...I just took mine off and placed it behind the strut tower. It doesnt move, nor does it rattle. Snug fit!
i am trying to start doing a clean look in the car

did u guyz remove the brackets on both sides that installed the GT Spec bar, or did u just remove one or left both in place?

Back