My sub has arrived. Help me with install please?

OhSchnapps

:
2001 Maza 626 ES (Black)
Ok, so my speaker and stuff has arrived. (see thread: Minor sound system upgrade question)

However, this will be my first audio install ever. I was wondering if there is a how to that anyone knows of, or if anyone can sort of guide me through here.

I got a single 12in Pioneer Premiere sub, alpine mono amp, a ported housing, and 8ga wires.

I want to set it up at 4 ohms, i know how to do that. Instructions are clear enough there.

What i need help on is where you recommend i put the amp, where/how to attach the wires from the amp to the car itself (behind the head unit I'm guessing?), and then where to run the wires. Just run them under the carpet? or what?

Also, does something attach to the battery? If so, how do i get the wires into the engine bay from the interior?

If you need pictures in order to assist me, let me know. I'll be glad to take some. And if you need any other information, just specify. THANKS!

A dual 4 ohm sub can only be wired as either 2 ohm or 8 ohm. You'll need to run wiring through the firewall into the engine bay, so that you can hook up the battery connection. My best advice would be to read as much as you can on the site below before tackling anything:

http://www.bcae1.com/

This page in particular should be helpful:
http://www.bcae1.com/installationprimer.htm

Regarding wiring the sub, here is an image that should help visualize:

vomresspkrinstprim.gif

right. Sorry, i meant 2ohms. I'll probably get my friend to help me do this. He did all the speakers in his car, including his sub with a remote db control and all that. Pretty sure he can help me out. Thanks guys!

just make sure you run the power wire down one side of the car and the audio(from the head unit) down the other side of the car to the sub.....you run a good chance of line noise if ya put them side by side.....make sure you put a main fuse right off the battery, run a heavy gauge back. if you're thinking about putting a 4ch amp in, go ahead and put a distribution block in to. hell mount the amp to the sub box......if you want i can take pics and show you how mines installed....

Thanks for the noise advice.

The wire kit i bought is 8gauge, heavy enough no?

And the vibration from the box won't affect the amp?

And the amp is a one channel.

no the vibrations wont do a thing...here's a pic of min....been in for 2 years and not one problem...dependinig on how big the amp is you might wanna install a cap too.....but only mess with that if your lights dance.....8ga is fine.....i have 2 amps, the sub(1000rms)and the 4 ch(400rms) and i have 8ga ran. if i ever go bigger i will have to pull heavier wire though....it's all on how you want your setup....

This will be the limit for me. I just want more bass. I don't need to entertain the neighborhood lol.

What are the wires plugged into on the right side of your trunk?

i have the power wires and amp control ran through a hd trailer hook up(yellow shrink tube) and the audio cables......quick connect style so i can pull my box if i have to......i have locking hatches welded on the car so i can lock the box down(there for covered by insurance) in case anyone tryes to take her.....i put a seperate power switch back in there too......everynow now and then if i need the room i can just pull the box out and, TA DA, no dangling wires

oh and +1 on the mono amp.....i know a guy that used a 4ch amp bridge to run his subs and my mono can beat the hell out of it barely cranked.....

thanks...it does the job....i keep blowing the rear door speakers out....i've hadda turn down the eclipse rear channel like 3 times.....it's now under half gain......i've rattled pics off the neighbors walls and had a cop come to my house cause he heard me from almost 3 blocks away....i have to get a bigger cap....my lights still dance with the 1.5fd that is installed

Check this out keeps her cool and clean!!! Just screw amp to floor no wire or anything to worry about. Then you can ground it to the seat bracket or seat belt bracket. It'll stay cool and hidden and if you need to ajust settings they are just right there.

Attachments

• 1.psd
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
  • 2.psd
    457.2 KB · Views: 66
I might just end up doing that. I was originally apprehensive about that because i have to screw holes in the floor, but if it's under the seat it shouldn't be so bad. The only issue i have with that is my car has a/c vents that run under the front seats, so people sitting in the back get air too. When the a/c is on then there's no problem, but if the heater is blowing on the amp, that might pose some issues. :/

You can run your heater I already have just dont run it on the floor setting just face setting. It should be fine. Occasionally check it to make sure you are staying cool enough.

You can run your heater I already have just dont run it on the floor setting just face setting. It should be fine. Occasionally check it to make sure you are staying cool enough.

i took the floor vent under the pas side and cut it before the seat then filled the end with silicon and put one amp under the seat

that works too lol i usually dont run heat on the floor anywho so....put thats a good idea too....

Back