Finally Dynoed My MSP

MSP4G63

:
2003 Black Mazdaspeed Protege
Well after owning my MSP for over 18 months and spending over $5000 on fixing it and puting parts on it because the previous owner didnt take care of it I finally dynoed the beast and here's how it did:
MODS: Injen Cold Air Intake, 2.5 inch J-Pipe, 3 inch High Flow Cat, 3 inch Straight Pipe, Fidanza 7lb. Flywheel, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, Magnecore 8.5mm Wires, AWR 95 Durometer Solid Motor Mounts, Turbolife Front Mount Intercooler, ATP Wastegate Actuator, Stock ECU.

dynoscan1.jpg

VIDEO IS HERE!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDm95MXfd0s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KDm95MXfd0s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
lol yea the dyno had a hicup but all the runs produced the same torque curve they printed this one because it had the highest horsepower but the torque graph was messed up only on that one part.

sweet yo. i guess i should expect close to the same numbers once i get my vibrant and customMSP smic.

No I didnt up the boost its just got the atp wastegate, torque steers a b**** I crab walked across 2 lanes once, spins 'em all the way through 4th if its wet lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong but... if you're not boostin upwards of 10+ isn't a FMIC overkill? I've got a custom msp SMIC and considered a FMIC but came to the conclusion that, while they look cool, it was a waste for my needs. (I'm still at stock boost levels) So I guess what I'm really wondering is... would my SMIC produce similar results or is the FMIC as badass as it looks?

Correct me if I'm wrong but... if you're not boostin upwards of 10+ isn't a FMIC overkill? I've got a custom msp SMIC and considered a FMIC but came to the conclusion that, while they look cool, it was a waste for my needs. (I'm still at stock boost levels) So I guess what I'm really wondering is... would my SMIC produce similar results or is the FMIC as badass as it looks?

The FMIC will outperform the SMIC, and I've been trying to tell people this for a few years now on this board, but everyone argues with me, telling me that "below 10psi all you need is a SMIC." (screwy)

Cooler charges are cooler charges.

And with the proper sized charge piping, and core, you will not notice any lag.

Perhaps...I just like to see the curves intersect at 5250 rpm. HP delivery looked good though just like on justinfrom lansdale's chart.

great hp curve, nice and steady with 191 max is real nice. that tq graph has to be wrong all the way through... no way are you that close to 250 lol. bragging rights though? haha

Back