Did u gain HP or no?

mazda32008

:
mazda3i 2008 M/T!
for everyone who has Fujita f5 CAI installed on their cars. Did you guys gain power? I have an ebay intake i am selling but have my fujita coming in by next week for 100 bucks BUT i spend 70 on the ebay one and think it didn't do shyt and took some power instead.

you always lose low end torque when you change out the stock intake for a CAI. You didnt specify if the ebay intake was a CAI or SRI, but either way, its just piping... what youre basically paying for is the name brand and filter.

I have a P5 with a K&N typhoon CAI. I would say overall there were minimal gains, but there was definetly loss of a little torque on the low end. I had a thunder header installed recently, and the combo of the intake and header gives the car some extra kick.

i have/had the Fujita CAI i actually modded mine and made it into a SRI. i got tired of the echoing noice the CAI makes bc it tucked into the fender/bumper so it just echoes everywhere plus i feel that SRI helps better acceleration. if i were u i mod the CAI. dont have to worry about water gettin into ur engine or anything like dat.

you always lose low end torque when you change out the stock intake for a CAI. You didnt specify if the ebay intake was a CAI or SRI, but either way, its just piping... what youre basically paying for is the name brand and filter.

I have a P5 with a K&N typhoon CAI. I would say overall there were minimal gains, but there was definetly loss of a little torque on the low end. I had a thunder header installed recently, and the combo of the intake and header gives the car some extra kick.

any videos of those thunder headers? pics? and btw how much did u pay for installation or was it a Do it your-self type of thing? im actually thinkin about gettin the thunder headers soon. just want to know how much im gonna spend and if i could prob install myself...

i feel that SRI helps better acceleration. if i were u i mod the CAI.

AHH.... the age old question of what is better?? CAI or SRI. lets not bring that up again. Lets just keep it at, ITS ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

I dont have any pictures of my header installed, simply because I had it done within a 2 week period over christmas break and I dont have my car with me while I am away at school.

The header cost me about $280 from protephile, who is an awesome vendor. I had it ceramic coated, "gray ice", which is a metallic gray cast iron sort of color [simply beautiful], for $160. The guy at the coating shop offered to help me install the header for free. Its simple enough to install on your own if you have the tools, otherwise, you could overpay any shop to do it for you for a small (killit)ass raping fee of anywhere between $50 - $80.

I would definetly recommend getting it coated because it is worth every penny. Overall your budget should be between $250 and $500 depending on what you want to do, and what brand of parts you want to go with.

AHH.... the age old question of what is better?? CAI or SRI. lets not bring that up again. Lets just keep it at, ITS ALL PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

I dont have any pictures of my header installed, simply because I had it done within a 2 week period over christmas break and I dont have my car with me while I am away at school.

The header cost me about $280 from protephile, who is an awesome vendor. I had it ceramic coated, "gray ice", which is a metallic gray cast iron sort of color [simply beautiful], for $160. The guy at the coating shop offered to help me install the header for free. Its simple enough to install on your own if you have the tools, otherwise, you could overpay any shop to do it for you for a small (killit)ass raping fee of anywhere between $50 - $80.

I would definetly recommend getting it coated because it is worth every penny. Overall your budget should be between $250 and $500 depending on what you want to do, and what brand of parts you want to go with.

thats not bad at all! yea im thinkin about buying it from protephile and installing it my self or with my buddy's help..btw why did u get it ceramic coated?

well then that means it is worthless to change the intake on our cars? i thought CAI always gained power not lost....i was looking at low end to mid end power, and if i was to make it a SRI when the engine gets hot wouldn't the SRI be worthless then, doing nothing but making a bunch of noise then? I will be getting headers and exhaust later on as well. The ebay intake was a CAI but it was a injen copy that had a lot of bends in it and came down and went back up and the filter sat behind the headlight and was pretty high.

Last edited:
well then that means it is worthless to change the intake on our cars? i thought CAI always gained power not lost....i was looking at low end to mid end power, and if i was to make it a SRI when the engine gets hot wouldn't the SRI be worthless then, doing nothing but making a bunch of noise then? I will be getting headers and exhaust later on as well. The ebay intake was a CAI but it was a injen copy that had a lot of bends in it and came down and went back up and the filter sat behind the headlight and was pretty high.

honestly if you looka t ur stock box u can c how next to the grill of the car is a spot where air comes in to the stock airbox by having a SRI like i have it never heats up bc the same way the air came in to the stock box i have it coming in to my custom Fujita SRI. i had the CAI i hated it but dat just my opinion plus u had to worry about when it rained (i live in Florida...) so i rather have the SRI. plus i dont know y they made the cai bc its tucked in so high that i dont se how air goes in there....
but like i said b4 its my personal point of view.

i took temp readings off of my simota sri and they were as far away from ambiant air as a cai was... just a fyi

just curious, the K & N typhoon kits are CCA (complete cold air) intakes right. Does that mean you can choose between sri and cai? I was planning on going for one of those, then testing out which one feels better.

well i live in florida too but i always have had CAI on my cars. So basically what most of you guys are saying SRI would be better on our cars...i thought cai were always good for ALL cars...got back from a party so som of this might sound stupid..lol

I have the www.bomzracing.com CAI this is two piece and its the same design that injen uses i paid 80$ for this beast i love has a hell of a growl to her and i felt hella difference as soon as i installed it and went for a test drive....i can make this into a SRI if i choose but for now shes tucked away in the wheel well and i water proofed it the best i could....

Last edited:
MS CAI has been dyno-ed at 20 hp gain. same with any other CAI that can fit on this car. they're all the same for the most part. have fun. its worth the money for sure. big difference.

Back