Cx-9 Throttle Problems

SeCX-9,
I also have the same issue with brake noise at 1st braking out of garage in the morning. I have not given much thought to it. Now that there is a TSB, do you have the number of TSB? Can you post a copy? Thanks in advance.

SeCX-9,
I also have the same issue with brake noise at 1st braking out of garage in the morning. I have not given much thought to it. Now that there is a TSB, do you have the number of TSB? Can you post a copy? Thanks in advance.

Hi Ceric, TSB 04-001/08 issued 1/16/2008

If you private email me your email address, I'll send you a copy of the full TSB. There is one for rear brakes too. I'll dig up that site that has many of them posted if I can.

remember brakes are only covered in the first 12 months or 12k miles under adjustment, so dont even bother with a tsb to correct it if you are out on miles or 12 months from waranty start date

remember brakes are only covered in the first 12 months or 12k miles under adjustment, so dont even bother with a tsb to correct it if you are out on miles or 12 months from waranty start date

No, my CX-9 is 18,000 miles and nearly 17 months, but I just had my dealer does the brakes yesterday.

Hi i just bought a 08 cx9 last night and found out that it was made april 2008. I called my dealership regarding this tsb concern reduction of power when going up a steep hill and they told me that they cannot perform the tsb unless you actually have the problem; i was wondering are the being assholes about it or can it be perform without it actually happening. When i had tsb in my nissan they fixed with no questions asked(even though i didnt have the problem)

Hi i just bought a 08 cx9 last night and found out that it was made april 2008. I called my dealership regarding this tsb concern reduction of power when going up a steep hill and they told me that they cannot perform the tsb unless you actually have the problem; i was wondering are the being assholes about it or can it be perform without it actually happening. When i had tsb in my nissan they fixed with no questions asked(even though i didnt have the problem)

You tell those SOB's you experienced the problem trying to get up a steep slope, that the vehicle went into a type of "limp-home-mode", and tell them to fix it right.

The more I deal with Mazda, the more I think their warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. I enjoy the CX-9, but that coupled with weak resale (due to fire sale prices after May of this year), I'd have to pass on another Mazda at this time. It influenced my decision not to buy an '09 Mazda 6 in September of this year.

Find another Mazda dealer.
I told my dealer that I was going up to ski in a few weeks, and I was afraid that it might happen to me while going up hill. He did the TSB w/o question. I also had the front brake noise taken care of (replaced the pads, added new guide plates, and resurfaced the rotors). Also, replaced the 4 painted interior silver garnish pieces. All three TSBs at one shot. My dealer gave me a loaner (Mazda3) for two days.

Good to hear that the throttle problem is fixable. I am a big fan of CX9. I plan to buy a CX9 GT FWD with backup camera. Does any one know what's the bargain price for that model? Does white color cost more than other color?

Back