2008 CX-9 specs!! **Updated**

Mazda3

:
2007 CX-7 GT and 2008 Tribute GT AWD
Hi folks,

I decided to post the 2008 specs for everyone. Most dealers should have this info by now so it isn't confidential. Keep in mind this is the Canadian spec sheet. Available options should be the same in the US, but they could be packaged differently.

*Disclaimer* This information from Mazda is Copyright and should be available at your local dealer.

Hope these specs answer some questions and help everyone out.

Attachments

• 2008 Mazda CX-9 Specifications and Features.pdf
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,985
Last edited:
Mazda3 said:
Hi folks,

I decided to post the 2008 specs for everyone.

Thank you for the specs (thumb)

Do the Dealers also get the blank data about engine?

Horsepower SAE net -> TBA
Torque, SAE net lb-ft -> TBA
Redline -> TBA

Mazda3 said:
Hi folks,

I decided to post the 2008 specs for everyone. Most dealers should have this info by now so it isn't confidential. Keep in mind this is the Canadian spec sheet. Available options should be the same in the US, but they could be packaged differently.

*Disclaimer* This information from Mazda is Copyright and should be available at your local dealer.

Thanks for the info. The dealer I'm working with in Atlanta, GA (Jim Ellis) to order the '08 has said they have none of this info. So, either the US dealers do not have this yet, the dealer is lying, or the dealer is just at the location level is clueless on what's on vehicles that are ordered for them.

Anyone having similar experiences in the US.

Dalton said:
Thank you for the specs (thumb)

Do the Dealers also get the blank data about engine?

Horsepower SAE net -> TBA
Torque, SAE net lb-ft -> TBA
Redline -> TBA

Yes, they have the blank engine data. The final production specs haven't been released yet. I will post them as soon as I have them.

Mazda3 said:
Hi folks,

I noticed a couple of things:

-no more brilliant black metallic color choice?
-External colors only have one interior color choice?
-AudioPilot noise reduction NEW?

Thanks!

golfer08 said:
I noticed a couple of things:

-no more brilliant black metallic color choice?
-External colors only have one interior color choice?
-AudioPilot noise reduction NEW?

Thanks!

Keep in mind these are the Canadian specs. Mechanically the US will be the same, but color and feature packaging could be different.

Got new info this morning. The only changes to the motor is larger bore. 92.5mm to 95.5mm which increases displacement to 3.7L. Ratings are as follows:

278 HP
263 TQ

Not quite the 300 I was expecting, but every bit helps!!

Do you have any pricing information, and do you know if production has started?

Mazda3 said:
Got new info this morning. The only changes to the motor is larger bore. 92.5mm to 95.5mm which increases displacement to 3.7L. Ratings are as follows:

278 HP
263 TQ

Not quite the 300 I was expecting, but every bit helps!!

CX9buyer said:
Do you have any pricing information, and do you know if production has started?

No pricing info yet. Production started first week of June.

Sometimes math does work... LOL, this is what I predicted the other day.

"I would tend to agree. While it is purely math, a 3.7L engine is only 5.8% bigger than a 3.5L engine. 5.8% increase in HP over 263 is only 278. Now of course it is possible they made other superior changes and/or the horsepower gain isn't linear with the engine size increase, even so. It would take a 14% increase in power to bring it up to 300hp.

How does 278 sound Mucho??"

ryguy said:
Sometimes math does work... LOL, this is what I predicted the other day.

"I would tend to agree. While it is purely math, a 3.7L engine is only 5.8% bigger than a 3.5L engine. 5.8% increase in HP over 263 is only 278. Now of course it is possible they made other superior changes and/or the horsepower gain isn't linear with the engine size increase, even so. It would take a 14% increase in power to bring it up to 300hp.

In this case the math works because that is the only change. I made the false assumption when I was first informed of the engine change that the Direct Injection set-up would be added as well. Unfortunately that is not happening at this time.

Mazda3 said:
In this case the math works because that is the only change. I made the false assumption when I was first informed of the engine change that the Direct Injection set-up would be added as well. Unfortunately that is not happening at this time.

Thanks for the info Mazda3. That's somewhat discouraging to hear that Mazda took the cheap way out and didn't offer the Lincoln 3.7L with Direct Injection. Without Direct Injection, the new 3.7L might not be worth it as Fuel economy will suffer for 15 more HP. At least with the Direct Injection, Fuel economy would stay the same if not increase and still get better performance #s. This actually makes the current 07 models more attractive in my opinion without the Direct Injection option.

JP

poof100 said:
Thanks for the info Mazda3. That's somewhat discouraging to hear that Mazda took the cheap way out and didn't offer the Lincoln 3.7L with Direct Injection. Without Direct Injection, the new 3.7L might not be worth it as Fuel economy will suffer for 15 more HP. At least with the Direct Injection, Fuel economy would stay the same if not increase and still get better performance #s. This actually makes the current 07 models more attractive in my opinion without the Direct Injection option.

JP

Is it confirmed from a reliable source that the Lincoln is getting the Direct Injection for 2008? It's my understanding that the Lincoln is getting the same set-up. I don't expect the gas mileage to change, but its not rated yet.

Just as the HP went up 5.5%, I don't see why the milage should go down by anything less than 5.5%. Hardly significant in either way.

ryguy said:
Just as the HP went up 5.5%, I don't see why the milage should go down by anything less than 5.5%. Hardly significant in either way.

I agree the small increase isn't that much and won't affect mileage that much, but it still should. I would think at least 1-2mpg lower for city and maybe 1 for highway. I think you would see the difference in stop and go city driving.

I don't have a 100% confirmation on the Lincoln motor, but from what she said, the Lincoln 3.7 would have DI and didn't know why the 3.7 without DI would be put in the 08 MKX. I still don't understand Mazda's logic here by changing engines after 1 model year and doing nothing besides bumping up the bore size to increase HP by 15. There is no significant change in technology here so not sure what the rush is for the 3.7L non DI push.

JP

Anyone know the reason for cutting the colors and options down? Seems a little bland now. My wife really liked the Brillant Black, but we are having a problem locating one with all the options. Everyone wants to sell us a Mica Black, which we may have to settle on.
Would wait for the '08, but don't really want a black car with a black interior. That doesn't even make sense does it?

ParkerZoom said:
Anyone know the reason for cutting the colors and options down? Seems a little bland now. My wife really liked the Brillant Black, but we are having a problem locating one with all the options. Everyone wants to sell us a Mica Black, which we may have to settle on.
Would wait for the '08, but don't really want a black car with a black interior. That doesn't even make sense does it?

Keep in mind the specs posted are for the Canadian market, packaging and interior options may be different for the US.

Back