:
92 & 16 Meyatas
Event Organizer:
Josh (Altspace)

Date:
May 7 2006

Time:
9:00AM - ?

Cape Cod, MA (Departing from parking lot along Cape Cod Canal)

Directions:
MARK/JOSH please add directions to parking lot.

Description:
MARK/JOSH please add description of route.

(-1st Half of Route-) (-2nd Half of Route-)

Signup List:
1. mark
2. justin
3. Josh (altspace)
4. Dan (Crazee D)
5. Chris (chuyler1)
6. Bruce (A223818)
7. OMGz (slug420)
8. Lee (canecreekfreak)
9. John (JZProwler)

Attachments

• spring fun run canal.bmp
    792.1 KB · Views: 741
Last edited by a moderator:
Sound like fun, maybe we can have the local police join in our convoy of cars like they did last time bunch of Mazdas....then a Crown Vic. in the back lol!

I would definitley like to join in on this, given I don't have school, and have enough time to take the day off of work. An hour drive there then the actual cruise seems fun. Would we all be meeting up there or maybe meeting up for the drive to bourne as well?

JZProwler said:
I would definitley like to join in on this, given I don't have school, and have enough time to take the day off of work. An hour drive there then the actual cruise seems fun. Would we all be meeting up there or maybe meeting up for the drive to bourne as well?

cool! ya, there are guys/girls, if they attend that will be coming from north and west of you, i'm in west bridgewater so we can definately hook up and ride down to bourne together! i'm hoping we can do this in late april/early may...look forward to meeting you!

Rock on! Of course I'm down for this. What I'll do first is scout 6A someday by taking a quick road trip to make sure there is not to much damage to it after the winter season. It's a great ol' road with some twisties. Only downfall is that it's mostly all a no passing road. I'll bring my camera/vid camera.

Funny idea I have, but I know it's a bit to far for most of you....There's a Drive In theater in Wellfleet. It sure would be funny to see a whole row of NEPOCers there.

Cruising down Main St. Hyannis is my territory. After that heading west you'll go right pass my house.

If it involves driving, and it's a good day, I'm up for anything. I used to go on cruises with my dad and his old car club, and it was a blast, all the random places we ended up.

altspace said:
Funny idea I have, but I know it's a bit to far for most of you....There's a Drive In theater in Wellfleet. It sure would be funny to see a whole row of NEPOCers there.

Cruising down Main St. Hyannis is my territory. After that heading west you'll go right pass my house.
'

ya josh, we can do the drive in and then crash at your house for a cape cod breakfast!!

altspace said:
Ha...wife would have a few words to say on that one.

hahaha....i bet she know's how to make cranberry muffins!!

oh by the way...the bro in law is coming up next week to pick up your dell...his dell!

Sounds like fun to me...but we'll have to provide maps for everyone and various catch-up spots. There are lots of traffic lights and keeping everyone together will be difficult. Maybe if the first and last person in the convoy has a walkie-talkie that would work.

chuyler1 said:
Sounds like fun to me...but we'll have to provide maps for everyone and various catch-up spots. There are lots of traffic lights and keeping everyone together will be difficult. Maybe if the first and last person in the convoy has a walkie-talkie that would work.

good point////i like both ideas...there are, as you know, many places to stop and catch up...you da man chris!!(thumb)

how did i miss this?!

we did a cape fun run before and I just led the way deciding on the route as we went along, no maps and no catch up points i would just pull over when i saw ppl not make it through lights or when we saw a nice spot. Mark you were on that right? When we went down right after RIU? had the rx8s there with us, and some of that footage made it into the nepoc compilation video like 2 years later :)

I have to say that was possibly my favorite nepoc event to date...

lemme know when this one is and ill try my best to be there

altspace said:
Rock on! Of course I'm down for this. What I'll do first is scout 6A someday by taking a quick road trip to make sure there is not to much damage to it after the winter season. It's a great ol' road with some twisties. Only downfall is that it's mostly all a no passing road. I'll bring my camera/vid camera.

when we went we went over the north bridge and then took 6a south aong the canal then hooked up with 28 all the way out until we hooked back up with 6 in orleans. I saw on the map 6a was a scenic route but when i "scouted" the cape a couple weeks prior I found way too many stop signs and potholes and overall imperfect pavement to make 6a better than or even as good as 28. I also didnt see any super "scenic" sections. 28 was nice because while it has stoplights it definitely seemed more fluid, better paved without question, and there were a lot of places with big parkign lots we could stop if we wanted to...not to mention half the fun of going on a cruise is getting the looks from ppl when a line of 20 similar cars cruises by and there seemed to be more people out and about along 28.

From there we were just on 6 except for some side road we randomly turned down around welfleet that took us out to a parking lot on some cliffs on the outer shore. The road from 6 to that parking lot was insane! couldnt believe we stumbled upon it. PERFECT VIRGIN pavement and twistie as all hell with tons of quick bumps and dips. We called it a day there and all just cruised back on our own since we had spent all day saturday at RIU and it was already sunday afternoon so ppl had to start getting home.

I know 6A very well. Travel it almost everyday to friends house. What might be fun is to travel on the better, open areas of 6A and then jump onto Rt.6 for some double lane action. They run parallel to each other so it's very easy to get on and off. If you like, I can map out the entire run to make the most of our driving experience. Twenty years of living and driving CapeCod here.

bazooka joe said:
looking for some feedback...with Josh's help...i'd like to organize a simple day long fun run starting at the canal parking lot in bourne...heading over the sagamore bridge and then down 6a to p-town...cruise around...then head back up 28 to falmouth......back over the bourne bridge on to wareham for dinner/or homeward bound.

i'm thinking we can do this in the early spring before the busy tourist season begins and before it's to hot ( although the cape stays pretty mild most of the summer)
see maps/pics below...this is a very doable route...nice day trip...without traffic it's 4 hours of driving..a few srops here and there along the way...another 2 hours??? so a 6-7 hour meet with much nice sprited driving and beautiful views...i thought we could end up at a local wareham seafood restaurant (Lindsey's) at the end for those that wanted to join in..

does lindsey's have a section in the middle of the restaurant that looks like a diner? I think it had booths along one wall and then a dinerish bar along the other side of the aisle facing the kitchen? If so thats where we wound up for dinner the night we stayed at the cape....goooooooood fooooooooood!

as long as its smooth pavement im down with whatever you come up with....when are we thinking for this? this month? early april before the hopkinton meet? or maybe not until may?

Back