Intake Manifold Installation, Removal, Thermal Spacer Instructions

TurfBurn

:
'01 Yellow MP3 #1026
Here is a careful instruction set we did a while back for doing the installation and removal of the intake manifold, in this case for the intent of installing NSN's thermal spacers. This should be helpful for a lot of people as it is very detailed on how to get at the bolts.

If anyone wants to convert it to a PDF and place it in here that would be great too!

http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/docs/thermalinstall.htm

Thanks,

Steve

PDF on second page, first post if the links breaks again.

Last edited:
TurfBurn said:
Here is a careful instruction set we did a while back for doing the installation and removal of the intake manifold, in this case for the intent of installing NSN's thermal spacers. This should be helpful for a lot of people as it is very detailed on how to get at the bolts.

If anyone wants to convert it to a PDF and place it in here that would be great too!

http://www.nsnmotorsports.com/thermalinstall.htm

Thanks,

Steve
Thanks for posting these as I will be needing them soon. Will there be instructions included with the spacers or will this be the only thing to go by (I'm better when I have the instructions with me and that would be a lot of paper to print!).

I'll print it and include it with the spacers when you order. But I won't include the big blow up shots... so if you need more detail you'll have to look at those.

thanks!

Steve

I've been wanting someone to do a formal how-to write up on removing the intake manifold and this is the best I've seen yet. This also helps those who want to remove just the upper part of the IM to do a port/polish or VTCS removal. Good job and thanks!

I've had it for a little over a year too LOL... my bad for never posting it.. it was just on our website before... now it is posted here sort of too :)

Patrick... I'm assuming you are referring to the charring and polish marks that show up from the laser? There are some mild "burn in" points where the laser did a pierce. The actually do not leak as it will compress enough when installed to close up that leak. Also, I'm not remembering 100% off hand right now, but I do believe the side with the pierces goes against the stock gasket which further ensures a good seal. They are cut quite precisely, but it does have some "visual blemish" from being a blue color and then the charring from the laser is more visible. I'll post pictures for the others that are wondering what I"m talking about.

yep... I'll get on it... we moved servers again and the link has to be updated. I'll get on it tonight/tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience!

link is working again.. here is a pdf of it too if need be otherwise.

Attachments

• thermal install.pdf
    426.5 KB · Views: 1,223
Just bought one of your I.M. thermal spacers for my P5. I will be port and polishing my intake manifold w/ the VTCS removal along with this thermal spacer on the 17th.

hmm... is there anywher that the installation instructions is saved

i mean you just gotta use two gaskets correct?

you need two new gaskets... one for the tb and one for the intake mani (top). I'm doing this install... for the ummmmm 6 or 7th time this weekend if you want pics

Back