What have you done to your MS3 today?

43k on the odometer so time for an oil change today (every 3k) and lubricate bov. Mobil one extented performance fully synthetic. Also, I'd replaced my cp-e air intake with a Cobb and had it tuned at 310hp and 356ft-lb safely on the dynapack.

Started it the other day. That was fun. Looked at it... maybe I'll drive it once the snow melts sometime this June.

Just installed Cobb CBE (Their Gen1 CBE for Gen 2 Speed3) Also ordered Corksport hangers, Love the sound of this system!

I have to replace my shortblock today, sooo
What is the best shortblock to get quality (forged) parts in?
I am skeptical of Cp-e shortblocks because they have K1 rods in them, and I have heard nothing but bad news from those.
My rods are currently bent, and I figured this is the time to rebuild BIG.
I want this engine to last me, and also be my DD, so I want to make sure I build this right. Im probably going to take it to Cobb Tuning and have them drop it in and rebuild, unless
anyone else has a nice shop to recommend??
Any info would be helpful!
I know that this should be posted in Engine, Transmission and Drivetrain, and it is. But considering this tread has more views and I need this answered ASAP, Im hoping you guys can help me out.

Got new shoes for the car. I need to get under there and look at the suspension. It's all fubar. Handling like whoa-s***!

Blew 2 dampers on my coilovers and didn't want to get another set so I opted for the CS spring/shock kit. I miss my coilovers.

Installed my new window screens that I got from a company in the UK. I got some for my Mazda 5 too. I want to say I paid around $200 for the set, can't remember exactly though. Nothing spectacular, just additional sun screening without going illegal with darker tint. It's made for the regular 3 as you can see from the space for the third brake light in the back window, but I'm ok with it. I wanted to buy some random stuff for the cars and decided to buy these. They also make them for the Gen2 and other Mazdas.

For those who want to order a set.
http://www.uvcarshades.co.uk/shades-mazda-c-2729_3287.html

It takes them about a month to make them as they don't keep them in stock, it's all made to order. Once your order gets to customs, they won't release your order until you pay $11 in customs fees. My order sat at the port for two weeks because I didn't check my email for a while and they emailed me the link to pay the fee. Once the fee was paid, I received them in less than a week. Also, you have to specifically ask them for a tracking number. The tracking on their website doesn't work. I used a tracking app on my phone.

Overall, I really like them and it was worth the money. They do what they're supposed to do. Install was 10 minutes at best. As far as I know I'm the only one in the US with them, but I'm sure that's going to change soon.

IMG_0146.jpg
IMG_0150.jpg
IMG_0151.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, P2K. I tried to check on their website, but it's borked. Is the kit only for the back windows or does it come with fronts too?

They're only for the rear passenger windows, the triangles, and the hatch. Nothing for the driver and passenger fronts. Although, there are companies that do the fronts as well but not for any Mazdas that I'm aware of.

I think the site is down for maintenance.

Last edited:
Finally bit the bullet and bought another Speed 3. This time a 2007. Will post pics once it's delivered hopefully this week.

amazing some of you same nut buckets are still here.
MikeT you are just weird with no mileage on that car : )
probably have the plastic covers on the rear seat from delivery LOL.
Domino the car looks amazing, and i mean amazing.
Rotus is still among us.
Hugador
James
boosted1.
hello all. Glad to see you folks still M Speeding !!

I have been through all kinds stuff these last couple years. My mod list is quite incomplete and i probably dont recall half of it much less what i still have in the garage.
I got road raged and dented in the fender, dents in the hood from being an idiot and dents in the roof from black walnut attacks. so i gave up on appearance. for now.

latest. Installed corksport Fuel pump internals , reloaded stage 3 AP for now, put new front tires on. again.
next ? an alignment to correct for newer control arms and all the modded suspension stuffs (found a race guy finally ; )

Inspection next week too , yes i can finally pass one after 4 years!!
Corksport air deflectors to fix the FMIC radiator blockage and reroute some better air to radiator in the mail. More Torco Accelerator in the mail.
I run 97 octane on AP race tuner. Bought another lap top for the car during winter.
Car is as happy as ever at 85 k. numbers look nice. hitting targets again
oh i bought a green shift knob!! FTW

I bought the car to keep forever and thats working out pretty sweet.
Ps headed to Empire dragway opening day saturday for the swap meet and hanging with my old buds. I will be at Watkins Glen for Vintage in July too.

Glad you all are doing well and happy to see you folks still driving Speeds. Pretty awesome car !!!
Now if i can just find the supercharger for my M-B winter wagon !!

Finally bit the bullet and bought another Speed 3. This time a 2007. Will post pics once it's delivered hopefully this week.
you have done the right thing. wanna buy or trade for an like new ETS 3.5 ? lol haha i have the piping and clamps too

My mod list is old news OOPS

100 at delta sonic in henrietta ( seasonal ). My muscle car Buddies use that.
I use torco accelerator to blend with 93. You can actually get a true 104 from it but it gets expensive.
I have used other octane boosters but never one that works. Accelerator is actually concentrated race fuel.

So i am spending about 6 bucks a gallon if i recall my calulations.
Going to the swap meet at Empire Drags tomorrow !!
You going again this year ?

Eric, you are almost correct. I took the center armrest plastic off only a year or so ago. :D The Speed still takes me to work and home (15.6 miles round-trip, four days a week). My wife doesn't like the way it rides, so we use the Ram and the 300C for trips.

you have done the right thing. wanna buy or trade for an like new ETS 3.5 ? lol haha i have the piping and clamps too

My mod list is old news OOPS

I'm still waiting to see what is exactly done to it. From pictures it has mostly Cobb parts on it already and some aftermarket rims.

Back