Amp not powering due to remote wire

fpv

:
2008 Mazda 3 2.0L
Hi folks I'm new to car audio and attempted an amp install yesterday. Today I tested the amp on another car and it works fine.

Unfortunately I could not power the amp in my car and think it is because of the remote wire not functioning properly. I soldered it to the +12V Accessory Switch behind the stock head unit.

My question is where else can I connect the remote wire to? There is a battery constant +12V which I don't want to connect it to(the Line-out converter is connected to this).

Unrelated to this, the LED light on the LOC does not illuminate when the car radio is switched on.

Thanks in advance!

Would help if you specified if you have the Bose system or not. If so, you can tap it at the amp underneath the driver's seat. You could also tap into the cig lighter.

I do not have the BOSE system. I do have a cigarette lighter but the cables running out of that are + and -, the remote wire is only+.
Where will the -ve lead on the cigarette lighter go?

by + and - on the cigarette lighter I mean one of these
6124.jpg

any ideas?

I wired it to: Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Orange/Black with Silver Dots

Also is the ground(Black/Green) meant to be a very thick cable?

Yes the Black/Green is your ground ans is usually thicker than the other wires. As far as I know the Orange/Black wire is an illumination wire and not a true accessory wire. I remember hooking the remote wire to the yellow wire on the back of the stock deck when I worked on a 3. Again, work at your own risk.

Last edited:
Thanks mate I found the yellow wire I'll give that a go.

There was no explanation on the wiring diagram from modifiedlife.com so I didn't know what it was.

You can really tap into anything that turns off with the key off...Cigarette lighter...Anything that DOESN'T work when the key is not on

Back