1.6 mods after exhuast/headers?

kqlasr

hey guys
after trying to do research on other sites i found it very hard to get info on mods for my 1.6.
so far all i have is:
full 21/4 in exhaust
extractors
high flow panel filter.

thats all.
i was looking into getting it tuned and a new computer (but big $$$)
so what would you guys reccommend i try to get/do?
and any links would be very helpfull!
thanks in advance!

hey guys
after trying to do research on other sites i found it very hard to get info on mods for my 1.6.
so far all i have is:
full 21/4 in exhaust
extractors
high flow panel filter.

thats all.
i was looking into getting it tuned and a new computer (but big $$$)
so what would you guys reccommend i try to get/do?
and any links would be very helpfull!
thanks in advance!

Hi, i will recommend 2" piping. Due to the pressure backflow. Extractors custom made with ceramic coating. In Singapore, we mostly use E-manage Ultimate(piggyback) or Mircotech LTX8(standalone).
Have you ever considered Turbo charge it?

hey
thanks for the reply.
i have looked into turbo charging, but its very expensive to do here in australia.
the kit needs to be bought from america for about $5000 aud and then i will have to pay to get it installed and tuned.
all up the kit woud cost near $7000
and at the moment im not after huge power numbers, just a bit more power for more fun.

hey
thanks for the reply.
i have looked into turbo charging, but its very expensive to do here in australia.
the kit needs to be bought from america for about $5000 aud and then i will have to pay to get it installed and tuned.
all up the kit woud cost near $7000
and at the moment im not after huge power numbers, just a bit more power for more fun.

Wow!! Thats indeed cost a bomb. If you intend to use stock internal parts, should be quite cheap for the whole setup which i can recommend you how was it like.

1) FC3S Stock fuel injectors (used)
2) 4-1 Custom Chrome With 2.5" piping (new)
3) E-manage Ultimate (used)
4) Original S15 intercooler (used)
5) Engine oil cooler (new)
6) TD04L (new)
7) A good tuner.

Boost at 0.8bar for 1.6cc ZM-DE engine. It can boost up till 1.1 bar, but i won't recommend because i don't how long can the engine last.

Hope it helps. Because if you really want a bit more power for more fun, you don't feel a difference.

you want extra power? I bought a short ram of some sort for my 1.6 and after a week i took it off becuase of rough idle and other problems. I was disapointed with my stock air intake back on and bored..... so i decided to remove all the the blastic piping of the intake and i used a saw and cut the bottom half of the airbox wide open so the filter is fully exposed. i then fabricated migshift sheet metal ram air type thing from the the underskirt straight up into the air filter. Deffinatly felt a power gain! And it runs smooth unliek the short ram. no extra air is gettign pasted the sensor since its stock 2.25inch.

upgrade your spark plugs, it doesnt make a big difference, but every little bit helps when ur tuning a 1.6, it made a difference for me, the car feels a little more responsive and it burns cleaner, , i used nology silver spark plugs...its supposed to be better than irridium since silver is the best metal electrical conductor(of all metals)...iridium is harder, which means it will last longer, but not as conductive, nology claims that their plugs last 3x as long as oem plugs, give it a try, its worth it in my opinion.

i used the zl-ve manifold(header) on my zm-de and that too makes a huge difference, the zl-ve has a 4-2-1 header that is much larger than the stock zm-de one.

I also got the suspension upgrade for the suspension from mazdaspeed, the springs sway bars and strut tower bar, i installed the springs and power loss due to body roll and any associated power loss during launch is gone, the car also hugs the corners and stays flat on them, just need to install the sway bars now, but i have to buy the awr bushings from protege garage to do that

Latest posts

Back