Rishie's FITMENT RECIPE

I'm putting a set of 17" x 7 Mazda 6 wheels on my P5. From what I am reading, the best fit is going to be 205/45-17. Is this correct? My car has stock springs and struts.

Thanks in advance.

I'm putting a set of 17" x 7 Mazda 6 wheels on my P5. From what I am reading, the best fit is going to be 205/45-17. Is this correct? My car has stock springs and struts.

Thanks in advance.

yup, 205/45-17 will work just fine. those wheels are heavy, though... you'll be adding about 5lbs per corner, which will make the car feel more slow off the line, and make it feel harder to stop.

yup, 205/45-17 will work just fine. those wheels are heavy, though... you'll be adding about 5lbs per corner, which will make the car feel more slow off the line, and make it feel harder to stop.

The lack in acceleration will suck, but I put Mazda 6 calipers and rotors front and rear. So I'm not worried about stopping. How about going to a 215? Too wide?

The lack in acceleration will suck, but I put Mazda 6 calipers and rotors front and rear. So I'm not worried about stopping. How about going to a 215? Too wide?

215/45-17 is stock size for the Mazdaspeed Protege. Along with the Mazda6 wheels, you will basically have an MSP set-up. "I" wouldn't do it, but you are not me :D When I had my Protege, I went the other way with 16x8 FD RX7 wheels with 215/45-16's.

215/45-17 is stock size for the Mazdaspeed Protege. Along with the Mazda6 wheels, you will basically have an MSP set-up. "I" wouldn't do it, but you are not me :D When I had my Protege, I went the other way with 16x8 FD RX7 wheels with 215/45-16's.

Ok, so if I decide to go with a set of H&R springs that will lower the car, will the 215/45-17's be a problem?

Put on the new wheels (17" Mazda 6) with 215/45-17's. The fronts went on fine, but the real s hit the strut. GRRRR!

Wheel spacers?

really? look at the back of the wheel... what is the offset? 3mm (1/8") spacers would probably be enough.

really? look at the back of the wheel... what is the offset? 3mm (1/8") spacers would probably be enough.

Offset of the stock Mazda6 17's is +60! Everyone that I have seen run these wheels on a Protg has needed a spacer.

New wheels and tires.

Attachments

• IMG_20151024_123207249.jpg
    IMG_20151024_123207249.jpg
    614 KB · Views: 205
Ended up solving my issue that i had originally posted, edited and deleted the question. Now im seeking advice on fender rolling.. anybody do this yourself? I would get it done professionally, but theres not a local shop that does this and i really dont feel like having to drive like 2 hours to get it done so im considering doing it myself. The lip is pretty thin, from what ive been told i should use a mallet and give it a bit of a beating. Im just looking for input so i can justify beating the sh!t out of my new fenders.

Last edited:
I like to get it started with a rubber mallet, very gently. You could fold the lip all the way this way, going gradually, but if you can get your hands on a fender roller it will be much faster, easier, and safer.

p44491d.jpg

Latest posts

Back