Kindof a sad day.

I, too, feel the CX-5 inadequate in term of passing, especially going up a ramp. However, either flipping it into Sport mode, or switching to manual shifting to hold the gears hasn't failed me yet. Or maybe, Minnesota drivers are nicer in general.

I, too, feel the CX-5 inadequate in term of passing, especially going up a ramp. However, either flipping it into Sport mode, or switching to manual shifting to hold the gears hasn't failed me yet. Or maybe, Minnesota drivers are nicer in general.

Sport mode does nothing to make it faster.
I do not feel that the CX-5 is inadequate in terms of need, and there is ALWAYS something faster. It's just not a very FUN vehicle for me, compared to sporty vehicles. For an SUV, it's good to go as a beater.

Ah, OK. The 3.6 shows 6.7 & 15.3

Nice to know that it ever so slightly pulled on ya,,,,,,, now that I have a 93 octane tune my car is a lot different than when you drove it! ;)
Soon to get a E-85 tune! And hopefully loose 10-15 pounds rotating mass per wheel too!

But agreed with others! When in a dick swinging match I get my ZX-14R out to play!

By the way, took my car in for it's last free oil change, the tech drove it and was pleasantly surprised and we got into quite the discussion about the tune/mods! He was amazed how little throttle it took to get up to highway speeds.

Why did your tech take it on the highway?

I do not feel that the CX-5 is inadequate in terms of need, and there is ALWAYS something faster. It's just not a very FUN vehicle for me, compared to sporty vehicles. For an SUV, it's good to go as a beater.

I agree with this sexy cat right here.

Step 1. Purchase Turbo Boost sticker from Ebay.

kr106_3322_z_33568.jpg

Step 2. Place Turbo Boost sticker over the Sport Mode switch. Congratulations you just added 320lbs of boost.

Step 3. In the event you are chased by bad guys, outlaw bikers, zombies, or V6 Avengers...simply engage the new "Turbo Boost" switch.

tumblr_nysqli7d2t1tbcweeo1_400.gif

Bah! It would be like throwing peanuts at a charging rhino. I just need to get my house built and buy another corvette or something.

Lol and this is why the CX5 needs a kick ass turbo. It has excellent steering and handling, but can't pass an ass when you need too!

I have a '15 and the paint and body QC is by far the worst I've ever seen. They also still have not fixed the POS MT82 transmission. Total piece of junk. My car has 6,800 miles on it and I'm taking it to the dealer next Tuesday to have the tranny fluid changed. If it comes back whining and grinding like it does now, it's gone and Ford will never happen again at my house.

Unless you have a LOT of money to burn after buying the car, avoid the Mustang.

Totally disagree with this. My dads 06 GT has 195000 miles and no major issues. Still runs great. Just basic maintenance but no tranny issues at all. You got a bad car, or just have terrible luck. Fords best cars are the mustang and F series.

Shoulda gotten the GT350. Has a Tremec in it instead. I loved the Tremec in my WS6 and in my Z06.

Honestly, after my foray into SUV's, a lightly used SRT8 Jeep is really really appealing.

Yeah those SRT8s are badass. You'll be at the gas station every other day though lol

Meh the CX-5 is just a simple DD for me. I got my motorcycles for fun and speed. Some drivers are just jerks.

I have been the slightest bit tempted by a motorcycle. Been watching a lot of videos on youtube. Fiance doesn't like the idea but damn I need something fun. Hell, I've been looking at waverunners but the season for that is almost over anyway.

Totally disagree with this. My dads 06 GT has 195000 miles and no major issues. Still runs great. Just basic maintenance but no tranny issues at all. You got a bad car, or just have terrible luck. Fords best cars are the mustang and F series.

Well, I own one. And you?

You can smile all the way when you realize the Avenger is a complete POS. In the end, it's about having fun with your car. I love taking offramps quickly in the CX-5, not many other SUV/crossovers can keep up. The trick/fun is not losing speed.

And if I *really* wanna have fun, that's what the MX-5 is for.

This is one of my nephew's new Mustang.

13335641_618408861649394_4535041875588042988_n.jpg

He had this turbo installed

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/209

He told me the following about it:

435 horsepower and 400 lb ft. of torque stock
8lbs of boost 820 horsepower and 710 lb ft. of torque at the engine w/E85 gas or methanol injection
12lbs of boost 1000 horsepower plus and 800 lb ft. of torque at the engine w/E85 gas or methanol injection
Running a pump tune for 5-6lbs boost putting it in the 5-600HP level
SCT X4 tuner will have all 3 map tunes for when he wants to run 8lbs or 12lbs though

Still haven't ridden in it

You can smile all the way when you realize the Avenger is a complete POS. In the end, it's about having fun with your car. I love taking offramps quickly in the CX-5, not many other SUV/crossovers can keep up. The trick/fun is not losing speed.

Boosted mx5?

This is a fun thread. I doubt the Rav 4 and CRV crowd would have one similar. Mazda seems to have given the CX 5 great balance and driver feel. So that attracts people who have driven similar vehicles. Maybe the turbo option would add to the appeal for some, but the 2.5l today is "adequate" for me. Although I haven't been in a position to test passing on 2 lane roads.

This is one of my nephew's new Mustang.

13335641_618408861649394_4535041875588042988_n.jpg

He had this turbo installed

http://www.hellionpowersystems.com/index.php/turbo-systems/209

He told me the following about it:

• 435 horsepower and 400 lb ft. of torque stock
• 8lbs of boost 820 horsepower and 710 lb ft. of torque at the engine w/E85 gas or methanol injection
• 12lbs of boost 1000 horsepower plus and 800 lb ft. of torque at the engine w/E85 gas or methanol injection
• Running a pump tune for 5-6lbs boost putting it in the 5-600HP level
• SCT X4 tuner will have all 3 map tunes for when he wants to run 8lbs or 12lbs though

Still haven't ridden in it

I'm finding his numbers VERY VERY HARD to believe, unless he is talking about SAE GROSS on an engine-stand. Also, you don't have a "canned tune" for 1000hp, lol! Color me VERY skeptical.

This is a fun thread. I doubt the Rav 4 and CRV crowd would have one similar. Mazda seems to have given the CX 5 great balance and driver feel. So that attracts people who have driven similar vehicles. Maybe the turbo option would add to the appeal for some, but the 2.5l today is "adequate" for me. Although I haven't been in a position to test passing on 2 lane roads.

I agree, I have gotten more into manually shifting, and throttle-on through the corners like I did in my 370Z, as they have a very similar weight distribution. The CX-5 just slides and squirms a lot more.

He is talking about the MT82 transmission, mostly, IMO. Which is a boat anchor from China. Total junk. The rest of the car would likely be fine, if not for that POS in the tunnel.

Yeah those SRT8s are badass. You'll be at the gas station every other day though lol

No more than my CX-5 with it's puny ass little gas tank. Sure the SRT8 gets worse mileage by a few (about 5-6 on the freeway), but it has a real gas-tank to compensate.

No, I agree, the Avenger is indeed junk, but none of that mattered right then, lol! Kindof like when I absolutely dominated an S2000 in my WS.6. His first reply at the next light was "I'd have you in the corners", to which I said "Shame there wasn't one, then."

Back