Heater Issue with 08 3 Wagon

K.A.O.S.

:
08 Mazda 3 Sport Wgn
I picked up an 08 3 Wagon at the end of last year. The only issue I am having is that after driving for about 40 minutes, the air starts to blow cool. Typically I start with the heat at 69deg. When it starts to cool down, I turn it up 1deg and it is fine for about 10 minutes and then starts to cool down again. On long trips, I have had the temp gauge turned up to 79deg to get warm air. Engine temp is rock solid where it should be. Temp sensor tests OK and the thermostat and housing have been replaced.

Anybody else experience this or have any ideas on what might be causing it?

I picked up an 08 3 Wagon at the end of last year. The only issue I am having is that after driving for about 40 minutes, the air starts to blow cool. Typically I start with the heat at 69deg. When it starts to cool down, I turn it up 1deg and it is fine for about 10 minutes and then starts to cool down again. On long trips, I have had the temp gauge turned up to 79deg to get warm air. Engine temp is rock solid where it should be. Temp sensor tests OK and the thermostat and housing have been replaced.

Anybody else experience this or have any ideas on what might be causing it?

could be the blower motor resistor (piece that controls the settings) could be a blend door issue as well. automatic temp control tends to have more issues on every make and model car than the equivalent car with manual controls just ask anyone with a gm with auto temp control, the units tend to get hotter and this leads to premature failure. i would start with the resistor first this is what it looks like: http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3447564&cc=1442061&jsn=348&jsn=348 should be mounted behind the controls for the a/c system in the center stack. a pigtail and 2 screws and it should pop out.

They replaced the inside temperature sensor. Said it was reading off by 25deg. We'll just have to wait for some cooler weather now to see if that was the issue, although I am skeptical. The blend door checked out OK.

While it's unlikely, have you checked your coolant and such? It's unlikely, but just want to make sure you don't have a heater core issue or something.

So 1 week down with the new temp sensor and so far everything is working OK. Start at 70deg, finish at 70deg for a 90 min drive. Before I would have the thermostat turned up to 79deg at the end of a long drive like this.

Back