Ownership Report

leftoverture

:
2014 Mazda 3 & 1991 Miata BRG
We've had our 2014 Mazda 3 Touring hatchback almost a year now. It was a leftover new car we drove right off the show floor. We have driven it as far as the Black Hills and all over our home state of Minnesota. Almost 16k miles already. And it still drives just as nice as when new. Not one thing has gone wrong, not one visit back to the dealer. It has been flawless so far. We love our 3!

Last edited:
Glad to hear that your 3 has been flawless. But if you bought your 2014 in 2014 then how is it a leftover?

Glad you are enjoying your 3!! And no problems to report!
I got my '15 3 sport in early January, have put about 10k on it so far and it too has been flawless. And still a pleasure to drive :)
The navigation sometimes freezes but I think it just needs a software update. Mazda has never had the best navigation in my experience over the years.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk 2

Other than the rock-hard seats, my 3 has been great. Since it splits duty with my MX5, the 3 has only 7800 miles on the odometer after more than 1 year of ownership.

I only got mine 3 months ago and I've put nearly 5000 miles on it and I love it. The only issues I have are the same that many have experienced and that's with the infotainment system but that's minor in my opinion and hopefully can be fixed when I bring it in for its first routine maintenance and have software updated.

I find the seats firm but not rock hard. I have driven as many as 10 hours in a day and was not uncomfortable. Mine is the touring model.

There seems to be insufficient padding at the base (bottom). And while the driver's seat is gradually conforming to my physique somewhat, I'm sure I'll end up getting some extra padding installed. Lighter wheels will improve the ride and weaken sharp impacts for a better ride.

my 08 with 80,000 on the odometer has been great so far after almost a year of me owning it. a few minor issues but nothing that was not easily fixable and nothing that cost a fortune just 3 loose screws on sunroof motor a bad thermostat and a bad passenger motor mount (which i have seen is a common failure on these cars) but other than that just fluid changes and maintenance and i am over anal about maintenance so probably more than its actually needed.

my 08 with 80,000 on the odometer has been great so far after almost a year of me owning it. a few minor issues but nothing that was not easily fixable and nothing that cost a fortune just 3 loose screws on sunroof motor a bad thermostat and a bad passenger motor mount (which i have seen is a common failure on these cars) but other than that just fluid changes and maintenance and i am over anal about maintenance so probably more than its actually needed.

Did your thermostat stick open or closed? My 08 MX5's thermostat decided to stay closed, a couple of months ago. Luckily I say both the coolant temp gauge and my Scangauge reading high before any engine damage occurred.

Did your thermostat stick open or closed? My 08 MX5's thermostat decided to stay closed, a couple of months ago. Luckily I say both the coolant temp gauge and my Scangauge reading high before any engine damage occurred.
closed but the 08 3 with the 2.3 has the thermostat built into the water outlet housing,so both get replaced at the same time. the housing also has a small diameter bypass tube built in to it that kept it from getting all the way hot, which was weird to me at first because it would go up about 2/3 of the way then as i drove down the road it went back down some, then back up at next light. but never got all the way to the red. so i checked the coolant level and it was fine. i babied it home then the next day went to drive it and it went up to 2/3-3/4 of the way up when it warmed up and stayed there i popped the hood and the fan was kicking with all its might so i knew the fan was ok and working at a parts store i just bought the thermostat and changed it the next morning and it was fine after that, i did a coolant flush as well. i used peak universal coolant as i cannot justify $30 a gallon for mazda fl22 coolant that lasts "10 years" when the peak universal will last 5 and costs less than half that.

I am afraid the 20 you saved will cost you a lot more later. The type of additives in the coolant may not be compatible with the seals in say the water pump and may cause it to fail early. There are a lot of different type of metals in the circulation and hot water could get electrolysis going between metals and cause other problems not to mention water seals in the motor/head gasket and if equipped the auto transmission and what about the heater core...

Back