Does anyone know what this is

:
2012 CX-9 Touring
I hope that I am in the correct forum, I pulled my car out of the driveway the other day and found the below item on ground near front of car. It's freezing out so won't be able to check under car for awhile so curious if anyone knows what this is? I know probably a long shot but figured I'd ask. One tab broke so I'd like buy a replacement to replace when (if) it warms out and snow melts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 486
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 401
Looks like the 'cushion' for the center console or cup holder. I had one come out, they're a blast to get back in- I haven't gotten mine in yet.

"cushion" for center console cup holder? Not sure I follow you, everything on my console is black this is grey. Is this located under the console?

Are you missing either of these? Little bumpers in the cup holder area that Scott91370 was mentioning...

IMG_2781_zpsuc45gmjw.jpg

Voldsom is correct. I have no idea how ours came out, it's not like they are easy to remove. Nor are they easy to get back in.

Voldsom is correct. I have no idea how ours came out, it's not like they are easy to remove. Nor are they easy to get back in.

Sorry guys not that, this is a rigid grey plastic piece approximately 2" in length. The small side appears to be where it snaps into something. Absolutely nothing cushy about this piece

image.jpgimage.jpg

Is it plastic? How big is it? We need as banana for scale.
Almost looks like a tie-down for the luggage in the trunk/hatch. My MSP has a cargo net in the trunk that hangs from a couple hooks that look a little like that. They're hooks and not loops though. (scratch)

Yeah, it was worth a shot with the rubber cushion pieces for the cupholders, since they have the same shape. Those are way bigger though. it doesn't seem like it would be used for a tie down, as the plastic clip would be too week to hold anything... Not sure where it would be used though, with the only clue being you found it under your car. Sure it's from the 9?

Not sure its from the cx9 but it was under where it and only it parks. I appreciate the comments and help but knew this was a long shot, when it warms up I'll look under it to track down what this is...if part of the CX

Thanks for mentioning that. After reading this, and i was in my CX9, i realized that i, indeed had one of those missing. SOAB!

@Scott91370 might have some insight on a part number if you're interested monoxide, as earlier he mentioned putting one back in and how much of a PITA it was.

Looks like the 'cushion' for the center console or cup holder. I had one come out, they're a blast to get back in- I haven't gotten mine in yet.

That's exactly what it is. I didn't recognize it because it looked huge in the close up shot. Mine came off too.

I don't have a part number. I actually just came across it one day laying i. The floorboard.
I have no idea how they come out. I tried to remove the second one and it wouldn't budge.

MSke390- I look forward to seeing if you can determine what this may be. I hate when I find parts that do t have a home.

Looks like this is part of the roof rack. I know when I installed my crossbars they had these for tie-down hooks to to hook into.

Back