Please Help! Totally perplexed here... (Bluetooth related)

Heretic

:
2015 CX-5 Touring FWD
So I took advantage of some 0% financing to trade in my 2013 Touring for a 2015 Touring, and the head unit is driving me nuts!

I need to know if your head unit does this as well:

- Every time I start the car, the darn thing re-downloads my phone book!!! Is this standard functionality, or a bug?
My 2013 downloaded the phone book one time upon pairing, and that was it. It's just so darn slow, can't use the phone for the first 5 minutes when starting the car!

Other than that, I'm pretty happy except messages don't download, and I hate the extra step of saying "Phone call" when initiating a call...

Wondering if any of you downgraded the firmware to 2013 specs? I don't use Pandora and can live without messaging.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

The unit in the 15 is different hardware than the 13 - different bluetooth module - so firmware won't adjust. This is another bug resulting from the change - it forgets the phonebook upon vehicle shutoff. Although - how large is your phonebook? Mine downloads in a few seconds.

630 contacts, multiple fields each - My phone is an LG G3 ... I am really bummed by this. Will call that Mazda BT number on Monday , but don't have any hopes.

In the meantime, I'll try turning off auto-sync, but I don't think it's related...argh.

630 contacts, multiple fields each - My phone is an LG G3 ... I am really bummed by this. Will call that Mazda BT number on Monday , but don't have any hopes.

In the meantime, I'll try turning off auto-sync, but I don't think it's related...argh.

That is a very large contact list.

I had the service dept. replace my BT module... it didn't help... at all.

Update: I unpaired my phone, deleted all my SMS, reset factory defaults on the head unit, and then reconnected. Messaging now works.. guess it freaks out if it first sees a lit of text messages. I also installed free Pandora and it works perfect. Pretty cool app but I'm not sure I want to pay $5 a month for no commercials.
Only leaves the issue of the phone book...will call tomorrow

One more update:

I think I may have stumbled onto a solution for the constant phonebook refresh - it's VERY kludgey, but I'm posting it here in case it might help someone else with an LG G3 ( I think all Android phones running KitKat should apply as well).

First, unpair/delete the phone.
Reset Buetooth factory settings.
Initiate connection with phone. (Pairing code etc...)
When NB1 requests access to phone history/contacts, UNTICK "don't ask again", and ALLOW.
Do not allow access to messages (more on that below)
5 minutes later (in my case LOL), phone will be connected.

Turn off car, restart.
NB1 will request access to history/contacts again, Tick "Don't ask again" and DENY.

I also deny access to messages forever - it seems that if I let the NB1 access SMS, then it also is allowed access to the phone book and starts downloading. I'd rather lose SMS read functionality since I didn't have it before...

What happens now is, on startup the NB1 will connect to the phone, try and d/l the phonebook, fail and finish setup. The previously stored phonebook is not deleted.

Two caveats: Messaging is not functional now, and any updates to the phone book cannot be received by the NB1, have to start the whole procedure again. Sucks, but I can live with that.

Kind of reminds me of when I was a kid, (a long time ago), and you had to hold one of the rabbit ears to get better TV reception, LOL. What a POS this audio/nav system is!!!!!

Back