CD Player Malfunction - HELP

Nic-P5

:
2002 Protege 5 & 2010 3 iTouring
I put a CD in my 2002 P5 at lunch today and it did not engage properly as it continues to spin, won't play and if I switch to radio it still spins. Here is the bizarre thing even after shutting of the car it still spins and wait I pulled the radio fuse and still spinning. No tools with me to disconnect the battery so I hope it does not drain the battery completely when I get off work. I will disconnect the battery and reconnect to see if this will fix the issue when I get home; hopefully.

Any ideas what could have caused this and short of pulling out the radio/cd player any other ideas on how to fix.

sounds like something internal with the radio, i had one do something like this and i had to get a new one because i could not find a cause for it. what brand is the radio? this may help us ID your issue

yeah its 11 years old it probably had an internal failure you can get a good aftermarket replacement for $150 or so

Try this,... You may have some error codes:

radiotest_zps6ccfe1fc.png

pcb, thanks so much I did not know that this option even existed! When I got home last night I disconnected the battery and reconnected it, pressed the CD eject and walla the CD was ejected. I am a little leery of trying to put another CD in the unit but may do so over the weekend when I have more time to remove/replace the CD/radio or go through the same process to get it out. Thanks again for your assistance.

If it does turn out to be an issue with the head unit and you're not looking to upgrade I've got an oem unit you could have for dirt cheap.

Back