2012 Mazda 5 Mirror Turn Signal Installation

Vasy

:
2012 Mazda 5
How to install in-mirror Turn Signal in 2012 Mazda 5

Not for the faint of heart.
Parts are cheap on eBay.
I'd say final result is ok, they are not super bright so don't blind you when driving at night.

Last edited:
Great job on this
Thank you for posting
I'm gonna try this

Good luck :)
I'd say it would be easier if you can trace the turn signals inside the car, maybe on the fuse box, I did not take the time to do that as I was running a cable to install
front camera anyways so I ran all cables at once.
Be VERY careful heating the mirrors to remove them, if they don't get hot enough, they will brake when you try to pry it off, if you overheat, you will deform
the back plate and screw it up.
Post how it went :)

Nice video! Also useful as it shows how the some of the interior panels came apart.

But what is up with running speaker wires through the engine bay!? Can speaker wire shielding hold up to the heat in the engine bay? They are for meant for interior use only. Luckily blinkers draw low current and infrequently used (opposed to fog light/low beam) but that’s just not a good idea, not to mention it looks pretty bad.

I wanted to do heat mirrors for winter and if I decide to do it, may consider this (it is overkill for me since '08 has fender blinkers). Ebay seems to have an alternative product that I like better

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
But what is up with running speaker wires through the engine bay!? Can speaker wire shielding hold up to the heat in the engine bay? They are for meant for interior use only. Luckily blinkers draw low current and infrequently used (opposed to fog light/low beam) but that’s just not a good idea, not to mention it looks pretty bad.

I was thinking about that, will see what years will tell. There is a reason I ran it behind the heat shield, behind fenders and way outside, wanted to keep away from that.
I'm sure you can get better wires as well as black color wires, it would look way more natural. Maybe even get the wires connected to some wires inside the car,
would be even better as you would have no outside exposure.
So save on wires, you can probably connect the negative to the door and just run the positive to power.
I was thinking about heated mirrors as well, but did not want to deal with relays plus was not sure how heat would affect blinkers in direct contact.
The blinkers were just a toy, the real reason was to install side view cameras, video of that is in the works as I'm still in the process.

Good to see the lesser MZ5s still have the wiring for those who want to add tweeters.

Good luck :)
I'd say it would be easier if you can trace the turn signals inside the car, maybe on the fuse box, I did not take the time to do that as I was running a cable to install
front camera anyways so I ran all cables at once.
Be VERY careful heating the mirrors to remove them, if they don't get hot enough, they will brake when you try to pry it off, if you overheat, you will deform
the back plate and screw it up.
Post how it went :)
You can probably just tap into the rear turn signal wire from the rear wiring harness, somewhere close to the door.

yme3azys.jpg

ymyru3u6.jpg

7udureby.jpg

ysaby2y9.jpg

ypasugeh.jpg

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

Last edited:
You can probably just tap into the rear turn signal wire from the rear wiring harness, somewhere close to the door.
Actually you can wire it to BCM for a shorter route at per your diagram. I did not have the diagram at the time.

Last edited:
I did this Mod to my 2008 and tapped the wires in to the marker lights.. Like stated before not bright at all.

Actually you can wire it to BCM for a shorter route at per your diagram. I did not have the diagram at the time.

Yes, you can do that as well. I was thinking that the easiest point would be on the rear harness right at or near the door.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:
Back