Thank you!

:
2003.5 MSP
This forum has been a wealth of information for my build, and I just want to say thanks!

With that said, here are some of pics of my winter time build!

The motor was rebuilt and forged, and I installed a gt28rs on an MAM manifold. The parts list is toooooo long to post lol, I'm sure you guys can tell from looking at the pictures!

Also, if you see anything odd, please feel free to let me know!

WP_000183.jpg
WP_000182.jpg
WP_000181.jpg
WP_000025.jpg
WP_000087.jpg

The never ending project continues with a new coolant elbow and an ss braided oil return line install this weekend!

Awesome man. Congrats on your build. This forum helped me out a ton too. Now drop that thing and get a fmic

You kept the VTCS and VICS in the intake? You could probably get rid of the stock BPV and it looks like the vac lines for the BPV/BOV are hooked up weird, should run to the vacuum block. Looks good I hope you have some solid motor mounts under there, and a DP and full exhaust will wake up that 28rs like nothing else.

I have the bov/bpv tee'd on a single line that goes to the vacuum block. Is there something to gain by running them each on their own line?

The intake manifold is a project for a later date, along with a dp and exhaust. I'll be over in the FS section checking for a setup.

Did you put an upgraded rear MM in while the motor was out?

I did, I replaced all 4 mounts with the AWR set. That rear mount would be a PITA with the motor in the car. However, has anyone noticed increase vibrations throughout the car with the AWR set? I don't know if its the new mounts, or something else causing them?

Solid mounts will do that. Make the car vibrate. I finally got to drive a car with solid awr mounts. It wasnt that bad.

Btw welcome nice car mang.

The vibes will settle down a lil but the increase in performance is substantial!!! You can really get a solid launch! If you remember the stick moving forward and backward under aceleration and deceleration, that problem will be gone.

I curse the day I put the medieval rear mm in. The vibrations with the AC on are insane, you can see the whole dash going up and down. I think I'm gonna get the weapon r damper to see if it will help. If not, the stocker goes back in.

I curse the day I put the medieval rear mm in. The vibrations with the AC on are insane, you can see the whole dash going up and down. I think I'm gonna get the weapon r damper to see if it will help. If not, the stocker goes back in.

The Firsty Grounding Kit reduced my vibes alot. I'm sure there are more Grounding Kits on the market. I would try that b4 handicapping the motor with the soft OEM MM.

PS: I have the front and rear AWR MM with the "automatic" transmission bushing hardness (softest AWR sells). Somebody can find and post the two or three hardnesses they offer.

Last edited:
You get used to the vibrations from the mounts, they are entirely worth it though. The WG and BOV need to be run off seperate lines for sure, it might be better to run the BOV and BPV independently but there isn't really a reason to. You should remove the BPV and cap off the lines.

Back