El Prote exterior project

attachment.php
PC090222.JPGPC090228.JPGPC090232.JPG
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
hi,i do not paint over the chrome i wrap it with 3M Carbon Vinyl,but you can try with CP199 - Adhesion Promotor Clear Primer from dupli color.
i'm going to need to spray paint over the chrome on my grille pretty soon.....any tips on how to prep it before painting?

should i sand over the chrome, and if so, what size grit? thanks!

nice look really good what wheels are those? and how did you change the front sway bar out i thought you had to take the engine out?

oh ok cool and also why did you replace the rear subframe?

MSP subframe has stronger attachments for the MSP sway bar, and the stock protege subframe will not work with the MSP sway brackets. you need to either replace the subframe, buy the AWR adapters, and get a 'clunk fix kit.'

MSP subframe has stronger attachments for the MSP sway bar, and the stock protege subframe will not work with the MSP sway brackets. you need to either replace the subframe, buy the AWR adapters, and get a 'clunk fix kit.'

Not quite sure about this but I do know people who have kept the same stock subframe with MSP brackets with the RB sway bar.

MSP subframe has stronger attachments for the MSP sway bar, and the stock protege subframe will not work with the MSP sway brackets. you need to either replace the subframe, buy the AWR adapters, OR get a 'clunk fix kit.'

fixed.

Not quite sure about this but I do know people who have kept the same stock subframe with MSP brackets with the RB sway bar.

the reinforced bracket locations are why the sway bar kit comes with a new subframe. you don't HAVE to replace it, but you will be modifying something if you don't. i chose to purchase a clunk fix kit when i fitted a rear MSP sway bar.

Back