Alamo1's P5-T Build

So I went for a cruise in the rain. Found out I need to take the bumper back apart. I hooked the window washer fluid hoses to the wrong pumps. Now the rear spray switch wets the front window and vice versa.

I think I'll take it apart when it's dry.

Thanks. I have got another check engine code that has been coming up. Hopefully I'll get some time in the next couple weeks to deal with it. P0421. Warm up catalyst efficiency below threshold.

Pics of gauges for others to see. Nothing new as of yet. Got a couple projects on the go though. still runs well, just got some rattles from the rear mount that I gotta find and fix.

Just install the Non-Fouler trick on the second O2 sensor - should take care of that code. (at least....that's what I did and the code went bye-bye).

Did the non-fouler today. Bye Bye check engine light! Closed up the wastegate a little more too. Hits about 500RPM earlier and a full pound more of pressure. Now hitting full boost at 3700RPM and a solid 6 psi.
6031104684_a88891fcd9_b.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:
Turned up the boost today. Now I think I'm getting fuel cut or my exhaust is restricting the turbo from making proper air. It acts sluggish, even hesitates, once it passes about 5-6 psi of boost. It still does boost about 8 psi on the highway but settles back down to about 6.5psi. OH! boost hits about 3200 in third now.... Yipee!

I'm running GT2560R - SR20 turbo, turbolife FMIC, stock MSP ECU. I do not have a wideband so I have no way to tell if it is going lean at the top end of my boost.

Any ideas?

The worst part is I have no money as we're expecting our first child and are saving as much as possible.... Hope someone has an idea for a cheap fix. I do have a pope DP but don't have the ability to install since I don't want to mate 3" to negative2" stock exhaust.

Damn money.... why can't fun stuff just be free!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure your fuel cut is from the lack of an af controller. I have the Split Second on mine and there's no hesitation. I'm hitting a max of 8 psi. Well actually, I do get minor hesitation, but that's because I'm still running the stock exhaust. Otherwise the SSAFC helped and I'm also running one step colder spark plugs.

This is the most recent work I have done on the project. I snuck a GT3071R cartridge into a set of SR20 GT2560R housings I had. These are the pics for the boys in the daily thread to oogle. This puppy is gonna rip when she's all together. The best thing is my cost into the upgraded turbo is just my lunch and breaks at work for the last few days.
6031105888_ab71d6820c_b.jpg

6031107160_dd2d65aae4_b.jpg

6030551593_dbb74146fb_b.jpg

6030552845_7f68125e5c_b.jpg

6030554183_fbb1922781_b.jpg

As you may well see, the outlet on the exhaust housing had to be tapered. If I cut the whole bore out straight, there would have been a piece of paper left around the edge of the 5 bolt flange. Also don't mind the anti-seize around the cartridge locating fit.... it's a must on any turbo. The compressor end was much easier cuz I could just cut all the way through the bore then just round out the profile. It was a fun project especially due to the fact that I had never done an impeller profile on my own before. Turned out awesome...

Back