Power Window Problem

hagow_boy

:
2007 Mazda 5 GT, Auto
In the last few weeks when the weather hit above 30C (90F), my driver's side power window has malfunctioned. It won't roll down. When I press the button all the way down I can hear the window motor click for a second but nothing happens. Once the temperature cools down, the control and window works fine. It has happened on 3 different days now. Anyone else having this problem ?

Humm had the same prblm...now after repalcing my battery<<..the passenger switch does'nt respond...anyone with any ..helpful ..info..
thnks :)

Have you TEMPORARILY bypassed the window relay to see if that is the problem?
(Bypass it only to 'check it out' and see if that is the issue, if it is,
you need a new relay)

You know power windows have a relay that will 'pop' up a little red
button on its side or top if the power window button is held down
or up to long? This is to prevent the window motor burning out, etc.

The relay should be located under the hood next to the battery box
or in the fuse panel located within the dash of the passenger side
(Well that is where they are on my 06 Premacy anyhow).

If it was the window actuator motor, Id think itd go out and NOT
come back on, what you are describing to me sounds like that little
relay gets hot and the plastic on it expands essentially separating
the circuit. No?

Good luck either way!
Peace!(rei)

Power windows...Just replaced my battery and " NOW" the passenger ..window ..cannot be operated from the driver side..BUT ..can be operated on teh passenger side switch..anyone have any similiar ..expereinces??..any info would be much appreciated..
thnks

get the master switch replaced at the dealer... it was a common problem on the 3 where the driver's window only rolls down halfway on auto

Power windows...Just replaced my battery and " NOW" the passenger ..window ..cannot be operated from the driver side..BUT ..can be operated on teh passenger side switch..anyone have any similiar ..expereinces??..any info would be much appreciated..
thnks

get the master switch replaced at the dealer... it was a common problem on the 3 where the driver's window only rolls down halfway on auto

I agree with TheMAN have you gotten inside the door switches on your drivers door, maybe they got wet or condensation is playing around in there? Check those relays and master switch out, bummer you bought a new battery ... money wasted eh?

See if the dealer will buy that new battery, *wishful thinking* Craigs list that battery if it's the switches, etc.

Good luck!

Peace!(rei)

Latest posts

Back