Comments on Racing Beat Catback....

GolerDude

:
Protege 5
Hello everyone, I was just doing some shopping for some mods on my car and I've noticed that a lot of people on this forum have this exhaust. I heard it is great on our car and am seriously thinking of buying one. I currently have a C.A.I on my car. But recently I have been reading and heard that they are a little to quite. Like when people say quite are they saying like stock quite or a little louder? Becuase if they are I was thinking of Magnaflow....any comments on how that exhaust system is? Thanks for all help!

RB CBE is a quality piece. They are quiet relative to everything else on the market for this car. It's the exhaust that should have come from the factory for these cars IMO. It gives the exhaust slightly more personality without screaming "I have an exhaust" like others. With a header, it should be plenty noticeable without being too obnoxious.

Here in Virginia, where any aftermarket exhaust is illegal, the RB CBE looks low-key and is quiet enough not to have gotten me any trouble from the police.

Just decide if you want something low-key, or not. If you get an RB CBE, you'll love it.

Last edited:
yeah the rb is wonderful. its my second exhaust after the first one took a crap on me. never had a problem with it and its been a nice low sounds. but loud enough to know its there. on the highway i can still talk on my fone and not even notice the xhaust. i highly recommend!

I love, love, love mine. Nice low rumble @ idle and plenty of bark when you floor it. I've been running mine for almost four years and it's still in perfect shape ...

i had just the racing beat cat back for 3 years, its nice but wasn't loud enough for me...so i bought a tsudo header and a sls midpipe. sounds much better imo and still isnt obnoxiously loud, plus i get a nice burble when letting off the gas at a low rpm.

Back