k1 rods/wiseco pistons

:
mazda protege 5
anyone run this combo? i am interested in this combo for my fsde engine for my 323 and dont know anyone locally who runs either of the 2 and i would like to know how much who the can hold up

The K1 rods are very solid for the price. I've heard some horror stories about the wisecos, but only in the sense you have to be smart about using them. If you abuse them they will break (25PSI on a stock block B16 Vtec) If you're not crazy then it's fine lol.

I'm running Eagle H beam and Wisecos.

Oh for sure, any amount above 400 I might be a little sketchy about. With a good tune that HP range is no problem for that particular combo. If you want to go higher than Pauter/Arias is THE best you can get. Trusted and extremely well build brand names with companies that will back up your build with confidence. For the price though you jsut can't beat a K1/wiseco combo

K1/Wiseco is definately a solid combination. Adequate for the power levels 99% of Proteges will ever see.

If you need more than a K1/Wiseco package can handle, I'd be impressed. We(work) use Wiseco for 600+hp motors with no issues.

I mean, if you are looking for a solid and safe setup you should step up to something a lil better than k1 and wiseco, since you are seeking for 350whp-400whp, you also have to take in consideration that you can't go cheap with these parts since they are the parts that are going to hold and make the power you are looking for, also you want something that will last you long..

I'm not saying in any way K1 and Wiseco are bad, i mean for the price you can't beat them but, when building an engine to make big power you need to use the best possible components available..

K1 Technologies Connecting Rods

* 5.315" factory stock length
* ARP 2000 bolts

Sale $435.00
shipped

Wiseco Pistons

* 9:0 to 1 compression
* Moly skirt coating
* Includes rings and wrist pins

$479.00

Total Price: $ 914.00

For the Price Difference i rather to wait a little bit more time and save up some more money and go with the rods and pistons that are known to hold more power and lasting longer like Pauter/Aries 8.5:1 Compression if you want to boost higher and make more power..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pauter Connecting Rods

* Pauter pictured installed on the right
* Pistons not included

$800.00

Arias Forged Pistons - Protege

$599.95

or you can get a good deal combo at PG for:

$1,249.95

a $ 335.95 Difference from K1/Wiseco, for that amount of money difference i'll definitely go with Aries/Pauter

Back