Enkei GTC-01 18x8 on Mazdaspeed6

jrodhotrod

Contributor
:
2003 Mazda Protege5 (Mine) 2002 Nissan Sentra GXE (Wife's)
Well, 30,000 miles in the books and it was finally time for new tires on the MS6. So glad to finally be rid of the OEM wheels.

Looked long and hard for a quality wheel, that was light, 18x8 with proper fitment and that wouldn't set me back as much as the set of Volks I had on my previous car.

After lots of searching I finally decided on the Enkei GTC-01 in Hyper Black.

It's 18x8 with a +48 offset. After a test fitment it appeared that rubbing wouldn't be a problem, but we did a roll on the rear fenders as a precaution.

I picked up Muteki spline drive lug nuts.

Wrapped the wheels in Toyo Proxes T1-R 235/40/18 tires.

The weight savings and added rubber on the road are awesome.

Huge thanks to Rishie @ AutoRND for helping me out with the wheels and tires and fender roll in the back.

I KNOW it needs a drop, just like every other MS6 with aftermarket wheels, I'll get there.

Full set of pics on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/surfergeek/sets/72157603712853482/

2192933161_f3618a6d0b_b.jpg

2193719612_36d453a975_b.jpg

2192932765_0b3c38dd4f_b.jpg

The wheel/tire combo looks great. The hyper black is a great color choice, and that profile pic just made me decide I need a shark fin antenna (sweet)!

They look great as is, but will look amazing after it's lowered. Those were some of the rims I was looking into. Thanks for the post.

Looks good. Who did you buy from? Price?

Are you having any rubbing issues at stock ride height? Also, would you mind checking clearance to see how much extra room you have to the suspension and fender? I am looking to pick up a similar setup with 245 tires.

Looks good. Who did you buy from? Price?

Are you having any rubbing issues at stock ride height? Also, would you mind checking clearance to see how much extra room you have to the suspension and fender? I am looking to pick up a similar setup with 245 tires.

I bought my wheels from Rishie at Auto RND.

http://www.autornd.com

Give him a a call to see what he can do for you.

Absolutely no rubbing issues. Remember we did roll the rear fenders as a pre-caution but it looked like it wouldn't rub even without the roll.

looks nice...but that car looks like needs 19s!!!

Ha! What it needs is a drop! 19s are too heavy :p

Thanks for the info. Any idea how much clearance you have inside and out to your 235s? I realize the the rear outside measurement does not apply to my stock fenders.

Back