Aftermarket double din radio kits for CX9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously easier, but it's cleaner to have it built-in. I'm not a big fan of cell phone and nav holders sticking out on my dash. Just a personal OCD thing.

So what's the advantage of doing all this work over getting the factory with Nav that's already integrated and has a bigger screen?

Living in The Netherlands? Having maps for Europe newer than 2004/05.
I've tried several other (newer Mazda-)dvd-discs but none of them works in the nav-unit. Only the one I have from an old Mazda6. But thats really old...

Subject: RE: Mazda CX-9 Double Din Dash

It does not look like we are going to manufacture a kit for your application at this time. Please feel free to check back with me in about 90-120 days for any updates.

Thanks,

Scosche Industries, Inc.

Found this on the mazda OZ forums. guy spent some $ getting it done, they did a great job. http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forum/cx...ssion/4650-satellite-navigation-cx-9-a-5.html

dashkit_3.jpg

anyone find a tutorial on how to take the stock clock/info stuff out the OEM navi?

Ok so If you install a head unit and use the metra kit, can you retain your clock and mpg functions in the upper dash? I read somewhere the a/c unit is functioning off your radio WTF? I need to get my wife's head unit and amps/ sub woofer hooked up if I can with this brand new non bose 2011 cx9.

Ok so I will answer my own question to help + it is not posted in the tech area. You need a Metra adapater harness (MZTO-01) for radio install that includes an access port. This access port will allow you change clock to appropriate times with the factory radio when needed. You will loose your MPG current ,MPG total, and Miles remaining info from the center dash. The harness also retains use of a/c function from what Gene @ metra says. It looks like the above post has no A/C function data.

I believe the best way around this is to get a scanguage or other OBD2 type data guage if it is important to you, however some receivers have some driving info integrated into them now. Hope this helps anybody else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back