Radio Remove tutorial needed

Int3grity

:
07 Cx-7 Liquid Platinum
If someone would be so kind to post a Youtube or video link tutorial on how to remove the Oem (NON Navigation radio out) I would highly appreciate it.

Gave it a try but no luck and I do not want to scratch up the car.

Sure Proof Way To Remove Radio Trim

Removing 2k7 Mazda Radio trim.
CAUTION:
Some people will tell you to try to remove the radio by inserting something flat on the sides or near the top try to stay clear from these directions as your risk of damage increase dramatically. This is a very simple and flawless step

You can use a N L S shape flat head screwdriver
2LF-35NI.jpg

Or you can you this is a snap ring plier ( Just make sure you turn it upside down) This is the method I used
AP-9404.jpg

First Untwist your shift knob counter clockwise
Directly dead center underneath you will see a small Service Port opening insert your tool here. For the snap ring spread it the same width as the opening and make sure it gets inserted inside the slot if not you will have a nasty scratch. Then just pull straight out. .
1225066483_4011512289_o.jpg

I tried to do the exact same thing with theoffset screwdriver as you said. But even pulling it really hard doesn't make the plate come off. Is it because my screwdriver is not inserted deep enough to depress anything inside?

That worked great - thanks!

New to the forum, but I'm (right now) taking off the center console / hu module so as to install an Audiolink. Int3grity instructions were spot on, and I should have listened soon... I slightly marred up the side nice & fake "aluminum" trim trying to use the pry method first!

The only thing I'd add is to clarify the location - definitely need to remove the shift knob first, then look for the slight groove (about the width of a screwdriver tip) at the bottom of the center console plate. This is directly above the forward-most storage area from the shifter, where the silver bezel trim ends.

I used the S-shaped screwdriver which worked great - insert it which will slightly pop the bottom section up, then get some exercise and pull hard!

Back