I put my coilovers on yesterday

srt4killer

:
2003 speed protege
I put my skunk2 coilover one last night and everything seem aight after i road around. Today its been raining all day and now when i turn i here a clunk type noise. Does anyone know what it my be . I only here it when i turn. Has anyone else had these problem. I haven't had time to check it today cause of the rain. Its just getting on my nerves. I hope someone can help me.Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah, skunk2s are really noisy. Definetly not worth the money they cost IMO.

y0sky said:
Yeah, skunk2s are really noisy. Definetly not worth the money they cost IMO.

I only paid $100 shipped for them. Im thinking it may be the bar on the sway bar that goes to the strut that not tight. I dunno im check it out 2morrow.

U need to make sure there positioned the best way possible and that there greased. I started having "popping" noises with my Ground Controls after about a year of use......i just made sure they were greased and positioned right. It usually popped when making turns.....

Do you have any rubber spacers between the spring and tophat? If not you'll need to grease them like Charles said. The friction will create the binding/popping noise. They will always clattler while driving straight on rough roads though.

low_psi said:
Do you have any rubber spacers between the spring and tophat? If not you'll need to grease them like Charles said. The friction will create the binding/popping noise. They will always clattler while driving straight on rough roads though.

Im only getting the noise when i turn and make sharp turns. Im going to check them 2morrow and see what s going on. Thanks everyone for the info

Back