Custom Battery Tie Down

Dcp_0220copy.jpg

Dcp_0221copy.jpg

PM gujustud about these
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/member.php?u=326

Hey guys! Don't want anyone to think we are trying to step on anyone's toes or anything like that. It's just that we have the ability to get these made and it seems like even though they are offered by others, there still seems to be a need. The equipment and ability to produce these is definitely a go...we are just trying to gauge interest to see how many we can produce the first round to get the price down to a respectable level.

Thanks!
Kevin

Yea...these are specific to the Optima Battery...I would like to see Tie downs for non-Optima batteries...

I made my own battery tiedown

Took a piece of flat steel and bent it in my vise as needed. Cut to fit then grinded the edges smooth and shaped it with my grinder. Then painted it body color.

Engine%20picture%20med%20(Medium).jpg

Earful said:
Competition is GOOD....show me the Parts....

Good...glad to hear that response!! Of course can't show you parts yet, there aren't any..LoL! We've only got one good day invested so far...hopefully by the end of the week we will at least have a representation of the finished product. The big thing now is to get a list going to find out how many of you guys would buy one and also what colors each would want. This is going to help establish a cost to both us and you the consumer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Here is something from one of the people we are working with on this tie-down. I knew they would have something before the end of the week!!! (cool)

Hi All,

My Name is Randy Bozeman and I am working with my partners on trying to make sure we design something that will be functional as well as aesthetically appealing. I have posted 2 pictures that show what we have come up and how it works on the car. Please give us feedback as we want to make sure that this is what you want. Your input will have an impact on the final product. Thanks for taking a look.
battery1.jpg

As you can see this is a 2 peice adjustable strap as well as an 1/8 of an inch foam on the bottom side to reduce noise. We know of the diffrences in batteries that you are using and want to make it so that you can adjust the strap to the diffrent heights.

battery2.jpg

This is a basic display of what it will look like on the car.

Thanks to the combined effort with Kevin at Morris Powder Coating we will be able to offer this in many colors as well as satin and polished. Some options will take a little longer and may effect the cost a little.

As for the price of these peices, well we need to finalize the design and talk to the machinest. Once we have the price Kevin will post up how to order them. We look forward to making something that you will be proud to have on your car.

If you have any questions or comments please post them up.

Thanks again!

Randy

Nice! this will work with non-optima batteries....I would in for a Pewter mettallic coating!

Here is an updated version of the battery tie-down. Also, while under the hood taking measurements the fuse box kind of jumped out as being boring.....check out the fuse box cover. What do you guys think about them? Feedback appreciated!!

battery1a.jpg

fuse1a.jpg

Thanks,
Kevin

Back