What have you done to your MSP today?

got my car back from the shop friday night, no cf hood, now i can't get my stock hood to open so it's back the the shop.

I was told these were discontinued, did you just buy these?

Purchased sometime in late December / early January when they were on sale because I had a feeling they would be gone soon. I do not know for sure if they are or not.

discounttiredirect.com was the exclusive retailer I believe.

They still have them listed on their site, but you know how long places take(if ever) to removed something discontinued off their site. iirc, it was about November I was told this so maybe they were wrong, or so I hope. Guess I'll have to call America's Tire sometime today.

Edit: 10,000th post!!!!
Ah **** :(

Last edited:
+1 on the clay bar being an awesome tool. The way I was taught to use it was:

1. wash (rinse but do not dry)
2. spray body shine on desired area (I think it's a soapy chemical)
3. use clay on desired area while keeping covered in body shine
4. spray liquid wax (what we used at the time)
5. wipe dry

might not be optimal to some standards, but I'll be damned if it didn't shine.

edit: Just ordered new Vibrant couplers and T-bolt clamps. Those suckers are expensive, but I've learned to buy the good s*** and be done with it.

This is optimal.. you can even go further, but IMO yo don't get a return doing more than a 2 step wax unless you need to do some work with polishing compound.

1. Wash WELL and rinxe (but do not dry thoroughally)
2. spray spot detailer on desired area
3. use clay on desired area while keeping lubricated with detailer
4. Dry with microfiber
5. wax
6. buff with another microfiber
7. finishing wax (spray is good)
8. buff with microfiber

so my buddy with a 6 has been talking about helping me was and was the msp as well as claybar. may do it on friday. but seeing as ive never waxed or claybared a car, it should be interesting. he has done all of this though.

and i made another payment on my msp. that is all. :(

so my buddy with a 6 has been talking about helping me was and was the msp as well as claybar. may do it on friday. but seeing as ive never waxed or claybared a car, it should be interesting. he has done all of this though.

and i made another payment on my msp. that is all. :(

Nothing to the waxing part. If you've seen "Karate Kid" then you got it down pat. Wipe on, wipe off. ;)

Clay bar I have never done either. May look into it this summer but, we'll see.

That's a lot of work to keep a Mazda looking nice haha. I just wand wash it an wax on wax off once in a blue moon. Maybe if I had a bimmer or something.
Then again I have so many chips and dings I'm in for a repaint in a couple years.

Funny considering how few they made of this "Mazda" seems more exclusive than any Beemer you could buy IMO...

Forgot to mention, but this page is dedicated to my MSP - #1460!

Last edited:
Took the weekend to take the car apart. Got the head off and the head gasket looked okay but we'll still replace the gasket. Dropped the Head off at the shop to get it resurfaced. Got the steedspeed on. Have to take the bus to get home from class but hopefully ill have the msp up and running tomorrow. I already miss it. lol.

Installed the extended lugs that came with my Ichiba 10mm spacers in my rear hubs. Then went to do the fronts and discovered that the lugs in the second box were the wrong size...(gah)

So I ordered Dorman brand replacements; I hope to get the fronts done tomorrow so I can mount my new spacers and summer wheel/tire setup.

Installed the extended lugs that came with my Ichiba 10mm spacers in my rear hubs. Then went to do the fronts and discovered that the lugs in the second box were the wrong size...(gah)

Too long, too big? What color are the lugs?

The ones I used were a gold/bronze color and seemed like they were .05 mm bigger than the stokers hence, using the impact wrench to get them seated..

They were the right size thread (M12 x 1.50) but the knurl (the ribbed part by the head) was wayyyy big and the length was 6mm too long. They were all the same color; gold/bronze. No worries though, I ordered the right ones locally and will have them tomorrow. Only thing is that spring break is over and I have to budget time between classes and homework again.

This is optimal.. you can even go further, but IMO yo don't get a return doing more than a 2 step wax unless you need to do some work with polishing compound.

1. Wash WELL and rinxe (but do not dry thoroughally)
2. spray spot detailer on desired area
3. use clay on desired area while keeping lubricated with detailer
4. Dry with microfiber
5. wax
6. buff with another microfiber
7. finishing wax (spray is good)
8. buff with microfiber

My friend the body & paint shop owner says that, ideally, there should be one more step in the process. After washing, wipe down the car with a pre-wax cleaner (Griot's has one) before clay-barring. It removes some of the crud and grit left over after washing so the clay bar doesn't absorb as much of it and there is less risk of damage to the finish caused by grit caught in the clay and rubbed across the surface. Yes, I know.... nit-picky as hell, but then people who clay bar their paint prior to waxing are pretty nit-picky people.

One of my previous co-workers that was in recon asked me to wash his car once. He was insane about keeping his car spotless and it had so much wax that he told me just to spray water on it, then some soap, then let it sit for 2 minutes and rinse it off LOL. I thought he was crazy but he paid me 5 bucks so whatever.

took it all apart to put a 2.5 coupler and two 2.5 T-bolt clamps on the hot pipe only to find out that its way to big.... Also that 2.5" T-bolt clamps will ONLY work on the cold pipe for the Perrin FMIC step.

Also bitched out fedex for losing my turbo from focus... I was suppose to have it by the 26th and the last update on the tracking was on the 24 and still is.

Hope you got insurance.

I'm off to Lowe's / Home Depot to see if I can get a simple piece of 1" aluminum pipe to use as a fitting for my intake.

Hope you got insurance.

I'm off to Lowe's / Home Depot to see if I can get a simple piece of 1" aluminum pipe to use as a fitting for my intake.

Focus didnt get insurence on it due to something to do with custom fees or something to that affect. He did mention the following ""Let's hope for the best. Anyway I wouldn't let you lose your money... (loser) "" when I gave him an update but I'm not 100% to sure how to take that.... I'm going to assume the loser thing is just makign light of the situation. I also have to give fedex tell monday(no not today lol) to see if it pops up in their lost and found in Utah of all places.

Edit: Either way I look at it another round of the hurry up and wait game. I also maybe taking things a little more serious then normal now that I think about it due to work and personal stuff going on. So I am certain that was just in jest of the situation.

Last edited:
Back