Black out your headlights meet

April would work great. Anytime besides 18-22. Wifes birthday and our anniversary. If we are going to do a full detailing job on anyones car, we need to gather supplies first. I'm more than happy to provide my PC and pads and do that work if someone wants to purchase the other materials.

altspace said:
Jeff, you're missing the AEM SRI in your sig.

Wow, you are right....you'll have to excuse my 'blond moment'. lol Fixing now.

Kansei said:
I'm game :p In april I will be making the longest drive to the meet though haha.

Making plans for "spring cleaning" of the Proteges ftw!

Yes Chris you will, would be great to come back up and hang with you guys again but not for a spring cleaning. Would spend the day detailing to only have it dirty again once I got home. :(

Well, there is more to it then just a wash. We are talking full recon work if needed. Interior, engine bay, full wax....whatever is needed. When do you think your car will be fixed?

i was responding to kanseiiieisisisei

guess i shoulda quoted :)

Kansei said:
The only thing I would consider trading my car for at this point would be a Vivid Yellow Protege MP3 or a Spicey Orange Mica Mazdaspeed Protege.. and they'd both have to have less miles than my car. It'll never happen because no one would trade one of those for a Protege5 with 76k miles on it, and since it's my only car I can't sell my car to buy an MP3 or MSP unless I have one lined up and have a buyer ready with cash in hand for my car.

altspace said:
Well, there is more to it then just a wash. We are talking full recon work if needed. Interior, engine bay, full wax....whatever is needed. When do you think your car will be fixed?

My engine bay def. needs a good cleaning. Hope to have the car fixed by the end of the year. All I need to do is make the call to the body shop. They said it would take 4-5 days to do.

i would SO be in for a meet if someone wanted to help me detail my car. ill even pay, my cars swirly, and dirty, and all sorts of things that makes detailers cry. plus ill have weekends off then, so itll be easier to meet up.

terbow said:
i would SO be in for a meet if someone wanted to help me detail my car. ill even pay, my cars swirly, and dirty, and all sorts of things that makes detailers cry. plus ill have weekends off then, so itll be easier to meet up.

join us...we have two good (mad) detailers!! smooth as glass!

Attachments

• P1010093.JPG
    P1010093.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 93
I'll tell you this, polishing an entire car takes forever (plus I'm slow). So we can try a couple of things here and there, but we'll have just two Porter Cable units and pads (me + altspace), so I can probably only do one pass on an entire car. I mean, we can see how the day goes and how well the pads are holding up, but just don't expect a crazy de-swirling transformation on everyone's car in one day :)

I think though that if everyone at least got a wash, clay and a good wax, then you would already notice a world of difference. I did that on my roommate's car, which is swirly as all heck (except for the hood, which I polished in the spring), and it made a huge difference anyway. The claybar was coming up black on the trunk and the lower body.

However, I can help people detail cars later in the spring (i.e. on a different day), I can bring my PC and stuff. I'm always enthusiastic to come out and help detail! (esp. when someone appreciates it!)

id appreciate anything. its not that im abusive to my car its just detailnig has never been something thats come up as severly important to me. ive always been performance and otherwise orientated and now that ive seen other cars that look a million times better ive understtood how important it is and i really jst want to learn. im th type where if my cars at a good starting point tha ti can maintain it but detailing is one of those thing where i dont know a definative answer of where to get started. plus i dont own any specialized equipment.

terbow said:
id appreciate anything. its not that im abusive to my car its just detailnig has never been something thats come up as severly important to me. ive always been performance and otherwise orientated and now that ive seen other cars that look a million times better ive understtood how important it is and i really jst want to learn. im th type where if my cars at a good starting point tha ti can maintain it but detailing is one of those thing where i dont know a definative answer of where to get started. plus i dont own any specialized equipment.
yeah, i hear ya! i think that this spring cleaning would be a great way to learn. i am always eager to talk endlessly about detailing, and to share tips and what to do and what not to do. so yeah, when's the winter going to be over?

haha no kiddin. seriously, if u can talk about soemthing im into about learning ill want to hear everything you say.

Kansei said:
Yeah I'm pretty much totally done with winter. I've had enough of it.

Yeah, after 4 years at Univ Buffalo, I moved to Anaheim CA for 3 years to thaw out!

i'm really trying to go into the w--t-r season woth a good attitude...you know how the skiers say "think snow" well i think spring! april...detailing party at my house!! :)

Back