blown ksports

no one has been riding with me lately. ive slammed them one good time, and about 2 or 3 softer times. its only at the front. yes i had the car jacked up. i may need to take them off to get the grip i need.

Maybe someone has had this same problem before and knows exactly what is hitting this? the endlink at the sway bar end seems to pass in front of it, but it might be.

just trying not to create a new thread

Attachments

• PIC-0413.jpg
    PIC-0413.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
if you post pics of the rest of the set up, we may be able to help. Technically, not a damn thing should be hitting up there....

This is with a jack pressuring the spring up from the control arm. WTF am i doing when i drive(scratch). its got to be the endlink bolt though, even though its not really close to it. maybe im hearing this instead of the bumpstops???(doubt that)im pretty pissed cause my wrenches didnt come in today like i thought.

Attachments

• PIC-0414.jpg
    PIC-0414.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 175
This is with a jack pressuring the spring up from the control arm. WTF am i doing when i drive(scratch). its got to be the endlink bolt though, even though its not really close to it. maybe im hearing this instead of the bumpstops???(doubt that)im pretty pissed cause my wrenches didnt come in today like i thought.

i dont even think there is anything that can reach that part...i was just looking at mine yesterday after reading this. however anything is possible i guess...can u try and turn the wheel all the way to the left and see if it hits when fully compressed and turned? maybe the endlink bolt is hitting, but i think u would notice that..check that bolt for marks too

the spanners came in today, and i still cudnt get the entire cylinder to twitst. ksport told me the black spanner at the bottom had to be undone, but it wudnt budge. i even torqued and bent one of the wrenches trying. set it at an acceptable height, doesnt hit bumpstops as easily if not at all, but i hadnt driven much. Sux how i cant tuck the front like i had it. :- /

Maybe someone has had this same problem before and knows exactly what is hitting this? the endlink at the sway bar end seems to pass in front of it, but it might be.

just trying not to create a new thread

wow my old thread lol. i have the same mark there. the endlink tab on the coilover got loose and caused the endlink to turn and hit against the fender lining.

oh, hmm when i checked that, the endlinks were still in the original position.

I rode at the height ur at if not lower for like a week, but only drove 3 times. Guess ill have to send em to ksport, or let someone local try it. i mgonna see how far i can push it though, but now im tired of getting under there. ksport also told me that the black spanner on the very bottom should come off, but it wudnt go.

This is te height im at now. going to get an alignment tomorrow, and drive more. If i dont hit the stops, ima go lower(ricer)

Attachments

• PIC-0416.jpg
    PIC-0416.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
yeah u can go lower. im tucking tires in the rear and have no wheel gap up front and i dont hit the bumpstops at all. maybe the place that does ur alignment can try to get the spanner off? when i got my alignment done, the place adjusted my front camber and made sure it sat even too.

they charged extra for the camber? theres only one tuning place down here, and ive never been to it. might stop by tomorrow. i tucked the front, and had less than a finger in the rear, the front was slammed in the ground. and i(jerkit)

u think u cud take a picture, or feel whether or not ur threaded cylinder is flush, inside, or sticking out from the very bottom where the black spanner is. i have about [ ] that much thread left to bring the entire cylinder down to where its flush. if i cud get it aloose, i would proly bring the cylinder past the very bottom just to make sure i have plenty travel, and possibly 3 wheel upfront(thumb).

Last edited:
no they didnt charge extra. i had went there because i went through a set of tires in about a month because my front camber was too negative, and the alignment was off. the cylinder sticks out at the bottom a little.. i dont know if thats good or bad. i three wheel all the time :D

i think they gave me a shorter strut upfront??? i pushd the spring up litle bit to get away from the stops cause my dad say they still slammed once, but hes a bad driver. ill have to take pix later. can anyone give me a rough measurment of the length of the thread, and the piston seperatly? it is however aloooot better.

Back