MSP Plastic valve cover for P5

Crazy D

:
MP5 02 22v
Hey guys and gals,

I just got the MSP Plastic cover. I've looked around like crazy to see if anyone has tried making the bracket to put the MSP engine cover on the P5 valve cvr... couldn't find anything

Does anyone have a MSP engine cover on the P5 vavle cover?

If anyone has pic's of the bracket or setup... please post them

The more the better...

**** Edit

Should I just pick up a valve cover? does it have to be a speed? or can it be any sedan?

Thanks in advance,

- Manny

Last edited:
All you need is 2 brakets that you can get at your nearest dealer. It's pretty easy to do on a skill level from 1 to 10 this one is a 1. All you need to know is how to screw in a bolt or two.

^^ I doubt the dealership will have the brackets. The MSP has a different valve cover with studs, I don't think ANY brackets are used on the MSP to bolt up it's plastic cover.

DG Motorsports sells the brackets though.

If you want to see if you can get the valve cover, you need one from a Protege MP3 or MSP. They are EXTREMELY pricey from the dealership new though, just get the brackets from DG.

Kansei said:
^^ I doubt the dealership will have the brackets. The MSP has a different valve cover with studs, I don't think ANY brackets are used on the MSP to bolt up it's plastic cover.

DG Motorsports sells the brackets though.

If you want to see if you can get the valve cover, you need one from a Protege MP3 or MSP. They are EXTREMELY pricey from the dealership new though, just get the brackets from DG.

Thanks Laser but like Kansei said the p5 valve cover is different from the MP3 so it doesn't just screw on (why can't anything be easy?)

I have to pick up a sheet of metal for the "new" radiator cover... so I was thinking since this time I'm getting a thinner sheet.. I might be able to shoot to birds down with one shot

Thats why I would like a pic of the bracket if some one has it on the P5 OEM valve cover... If I can't make it... then I'll buy it

Thanks guys...

Keep comments and pic's comming

also you need to cut little bit of platic from cover in order to fit DGM bracket.
I used to have pictures....let me see if I can find them.

Edit...can't find pictures anymore ...sorry
btw, it will be hard to make one...you will be better off with buying one...

Last edited:
Bijou-MP5 said:
also you need to cut little bit of platic from cover in order to fit DGM bracket.
I used to have pictures....let me see if I can find them.

I got it today and I put it on top of the valve cover to see if I could get an idea of how the bracket would work... but it just seemed like I would have to make almost a base on top of my valve cover for it

anything you can find would be greatly appreciated.

****EDIT

Does anyone have it with the DG bracket ? and can post pic's of what did you have to cut out ?

Last edited:
I found the DG brackets on the Xspensive side @ $46.00. I scored the valve cover & the MSP engine cover off the FS section, cleaned it up a bit, gave it new gasket & there you have it. You could also post in the WTB & see if you get any hits. http://www.msprotege.com/members/i12drivemyMP5/P5engine_01.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/i12drivemyMP5/Attachments/P5engine_02.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/i12drivemyMP5/Attachments/P5engine_03.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/i12drivemyMP5/Attachments/P5engine_04.jpg

i12drivemyMP5 said:
I found the DG brackets on the Xspensive side @ $46.00. I scored the valve cover & the MSP engine cover off the FS section, cleaned it up a bit, gave it new gasket & there you have it. You could also post in the WTB & see if you get any hits.

Looks good (first)

Do you (or anyone) have pic's of it without the Plastic cover on ?

Thanks. Are you talking about the valve cover itself? No pics, but it just has 4 posts with a threaded stud sticking up to go through the 4 holes in the cover with 4 little black nuts to bolt it down. Other than that it looks the same. There are no brackets between the metal & plastic covers.

The DGM brackets are a must for this unless you have a set to shape the metal from as a template. If not done right the cover will not fit correctly and look warped. DGM also gives you the nuts/bolts/washers needed. Here is the back of my old cover where I had to cut to fit it on my P5.

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 161
altspace said:
Here's an old pic of it installed.

Thanks man... looks sweet (first)

How much does this bracket run for ?

****Edit

Called DGM total ship'd is about 45

Last edited:
Back