Disaster strikes again...

daedalus

:
BANANA OF FURY
THIS GODDAMNED CAR IS A ******* PILE!!!!

Ok, so i was going to change the oil in my car today, so I drove to the store, picked up some synthetic, a filter and headed home, pulled into the garage and popped the hood. Oh wait, there is oil sprayed everyhwere int he engine bay... So my first reaction is that the dipstick blew out (i had seen it happen on honda's before) but it was entact. Then I thought one of the ventilation tubes to the catch can blew off, but all was sound there. Then I noticed the pool of oil on my engine cover, next to the oil cap. The oil cap was just sitting on top... I think holy crap, how lucky am I that I opened the hood to change the oil today and found this!!!

TURNS OUT I WASNT LUCKY AT ALL. The oil cap didnt back off because I didnt tighten it all the way, rather HALF THE DAMN THREADS CRACKED OFF IT AND FELL INTO THE HEAD! Therefore how I have half an oil cap somehwere in my ******* engine. I am sooo pissed right now I cant even begin to describe it. This ******* car is so ******* gay. I swear i'm gonna get rid of this ******* thing. There comes a point where you are just putting good money after bad, and I think that time is now. It all depends on how ****** my engine is.

Well here is the good news for you... pop the valve cover and retrieve whatever you can from the cams area... you should be ok with whatever you get from there...

Second... you'll have to pull off your oil pan and upper oil pan.... then you can clean those out.... but other than that you should be good... if the pieces fell in past the head they dropped down oil return galleys which go NOWHERE near the crank and rods etc... I'll double check my extra casting when I'm home later... but you should be ok... try to piece everything together to make sure you have all the pieces....

Next time use a little less of that super brute force you have or something :) LOL. Hopefully you'll be ok out of this still.

Later,

Steve

And btw... that may be arguably warranty related.. regardless of your mods they can't blame that crap on your mods!

no... i forgot to mention this one tiny fact. The people who assembled my motor and did all of the work on it lost my factory oil cap, but replaced it with a integra type-r cap which they say fit the threads perfectly. I never wanted it on there, and allways thought that it was too snug. Turns out I was right, they were wrong, and they are gonna fix the problem one way or another.

it would take a hell of an overtightening... but the phenolic that I'm pretty sure it is made out of is usually very very strong too... so I don't know how else you could crack the cap or shear off the threads... do you still have a gasket on it? someone lost my gasket on my oil cap before I bought the car... that oil "leak" gave me fits because it wasn't obvious that it was the cap... I replaced the valve cover gasket twice trying to get rid of the leak.

daedalus said:
no... i forgot to mention this one tiny fact. The people who assembled my motor and did all of the work on it lost my factory oil cap, but replaced it with a integra type-r cap which they say fit the threads perfectly. I never wanted it on there, and allways thought that it was too snug. Turns out I was right, they were wrong, and they are gonna fix the problem one way or another.

yea so that makes the car a pile? :(

sorry dude, those engine people you have doing your work are hosers in my book...it takes 8 months for an engine swap? using Honda parts instead of a simple mazda oil cap? not cool.

Yeah, I'd definetly be all over them...

daedalus said:

it would take a hell of an overtightening... but the phenolic that I'm pretty sure it is made out of is usually very very strong too... so I don't know how else you could crack the cap or shear off the threads... do you still have a gasket on it? someone lost my gasket on my oil cap before I bought the car... that oil "leak" gave me fits because it wasn't obvious that it was the cap... I replaced the valve cover gasket twice trying to get rid of the leak.

i just printed out your mod list so i can call start calling dibs.

sorry to hear, about the latest snafu...definitely make that shop own up to its mistake!

Dexter said:
yea so that makes the car a pile? :(

sorry dude, those engine people you have doing your work are hosers in my book...it takes 8 months for an engine swap? using Honda parts instead of a simple mazda oil cap? not cool.
Damn, I have to agree with Dexy on this one. Sorry for your misfourtune but this is not the MSP or even (Gasp) Mazda's fault. :)
Good luck with you motor.

Yea I know its my engine builders fault, and not the cars, it just allways seems like it something.

dont let this one get you upset, you could have done worse. Laugh about it a bit and you'll be fine. if you blow your motor or trans get upset, this is just another minor setback. your car is mint, just needs a little tlc.

man that sucks. I would tow it to the engine builder and make him fix it for the integra cap usage.

yeah it has nothing to do w/the car. I'd say get them to fix it and then find some new people to work on your car. Mazda does not = Honda!

i finally got the camera hooked up and just thought i would share the disgusting pictures...

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 327
Back