muffler

lospez54

:
2004 Mazda3 Hatch
Recently I was looking under My mazda3 hatch and didnt notice a muffler. Does it even have one?

To clarify, it's in front of the rear axle instead of behind it. The system goes like this: Manifold-cat-flange-cat-resonator-muffler-/rear axle/tailpipe-chrome tip

The muffler looks like this:

Attachments

• Mazda_3_underside 006.jpg
    Mazda_3_underside 006.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
i wanna get the draxas exhuast kit with the high flow cat but i wanna know how long its going to take me to put the stock exhaust back on so i can pass emmisions any ideas?

If you get the high-flow cat, it should pass emissions with the Draxas system.

But to answer your question, it will be very difficult to re-install the old system. You have to cut the pipes to get it off because it's a single piece from between the cats to the tailpipe.

goldwing2000 said:
If you get the high-flow cat, it should pass emissions with the Draxas system.

But to answer your question, it will be very difficult to re-install the old system. You have to cut the pipes to get it off because it's a single piece from between the cats to the tailpipe.

im assuming after cutting it that welding it back together isnt going to be an option... i konw that the last i want to do is go to the stealership and get a new one so im looking for a different way to keep the stock also for when i sell the car

Welding it back together is definitely an option, just not something you can generally do in your back yard.

high flow cat is still a cat so you will be able to pass emissions???? so uhhh?? if you went with the race pipe then... not so much.... otherwise you will be fine...

tsunami said:
high flow cat is still a cat so you will be able to pass emissions???? so uhhh?? ...

Probably but maybe not. Depends on how picky the testing is. A high-flow cat doesn't clean the exhaust quite as well as a factory cat. It should pass emmisions but there's a chance it won't.

I would try it with the Draxas system first. If it fails, put the factory system back on.

Personally, what I would do is put another flange right behind the second cat. That way you can change the cat without changing the whole system.

hey if you live in maryland they just plug your car in for emissions. as long as you aren't throwing any error codes.... you pass.

mobomelter said:
hey if you live in maryland they just plug your car in for emissions. as long as you aren't throwing any error codes.... you pass.
Ditto in NC. No inspection whatsoever in SC... (uhm)

Back