What have you done to your CX-5 today?

So what after market brand are you using, I'm not into advertising brands on my car.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am using a wind faring from a company called APPMOUNTS. I then bought the normal mounting hardware for a yakima wind faring and put the two together. The only reason I did this was because I wanted a yellow wind faring to go with the theme of my car instead of a black one from yakima.

Replaced Halogen fog bulbs with H11 Cree LED bulbs. Very crisp white light, matches my LED position lamps and HID headlights very well. Not as much light spread as the Halogens though, therefore it's more for cosmetic rather than for visibility.

The H11 LEDs have 16 little LED chips which are apparently 5 watt each to total 80 watts. Since the stock are 55w, am worried if the apparent 80w will cause any damage to the wiring/housing etc? I hear conflicting facts about LEDs generating lots of heat and hear other facts they run much cooler that Halogens. Any help / feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
Replaced Halogen fog bulbs with H11 LED bulbs. Very crisp white light, matches my LED position lamps and HID headlights very well. Not as much light spread as the Halogens though, therefore it's more for cosmetic rather than for visibility.

The H11 LEDs have 16 little LED chips which are apparently 5 watt each to total 80 watts. Since the stock are 55w, am worried if the apparent 80w will cause any damage to the wiring/housing etc? I hear conflicting facts about LEDs generating lots of heat and hear on some facts they run much cooler that Halogens. Any help / feedback appreciated. Thanks.

You might want to pick up a cheap thermal gun.

Do you guys have something similar to Harbor Freight in Australia?

http://www.harborfreight.com/infrared-thermometer-93984.html

image_15154.jpg

Totally off topic... and not certain of facts but my parents always tell me they almost immigrated to Australia in really early '60's. I guess a lot of jobs were being advertised here in US at that time. No idea how accurate that was though.

You might want to pick up a cheap thermal gun.

Do you guys have something similar to Harbor Freight in Australia?

http://www.harborfreight.com/infrared-thermometer-93984.html

Totally off topic... and not certain of facts but my parents always tell me they almost immigrated to Australia in really early '60's. I guess a lot of jobs were being advertised here in US at that time. No idea how accurate that was though.

Thanks for the tip. A good idea I guess. We do have these here which are popular in reading temperatures of wood ovens! I wouldn't know what temperature reading to compare to though. I guess I could leave the fogs running and feel the wiring / socket for warmth? lol.

Washed mine today so that I can see where to rub off the accidental plasti-dip. Had fun PDing the car over the last two weeks:
- added red stripes on the bottom black plastic. The rear is brighter as I put down three coats of white before adding the red, I'll probably redo the other sides to match the rear.
- added eyebrows for the headlights. The two sides don't look exactly the same as I did the passenger side later with minor improvements.
- painted the rear license plate frame all white, the front half black half white. No free advertising for the dealer :)

Sorry about the lighting, doesn't look very cheerful at 7pm :-(

The plasti-dipping thread for reference: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123854881-PlastiDip-safe-on-paint

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• _DSC3408ds.jpg
    _DSC3408ds.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 1,196
  • _DSC3410ds.jpg
    _DSC3410ds.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,148
  • _DSC3413s.jpg
    _DSC3413s.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,209
  • _DSC3414ds.jpg
    _DSC3414ds.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 1,174
  • _DSC3418ds.jpg
    _DSC3418ds.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 1,156
Installed a amplifier and subwoofer using the PAC AOEM-MAZ2. I'll do a write up soon and post it in the CX-5 audio section.
30b2rmd.jpg

Installed a amplifier and subwoofer using the PAC AOEM-MAZ2. I'll do a write up soon and post it in the CX-5 audio section.
30b2rmd.jpg

had bad luck with my alpine type R 12s . i was looking into FI bl 12 . what one do you got and what size amp are you using ?

My subwoofer is an old Fi Q model from 2006 with no options. Its a dual 1 ohm vc wired into series for a 2 ohm load. The sound quality is excellent and can get pretty loud even in a sealed box. My amplifier is a MB Quart Onx 1500.1D running at 1000watt at 2 ohms. I might change out to a smaller amplifier as it barely fits under the seat.

2vds07o.jpg

2b7hxl.jpg

Last edited:
My subwoofer is an old Fi Q model from 2006 with no options. Its a dual 1 ohm vc wired into series for a 2 ohm load. The sound quality is excellent and can get pretty loud even in a sealed box. My amplifier is a MB Quart Onx 1500.1D running at 1000watt at 2 ohms. I might change out to a smaller amplifier as it barely fits under the seat.

2vds07o.jpg

2b7hxl.jpg

put your amp sideways . looks close :) . i am gona keep my alpine amp 1136w rms is what it was tested at . the FI bl is 1500w but i think ill be just fine . i was told to only get the cooling and one other option buy the guy at FI . so i will see . they seem like great subs . i just gota save for that and a good box for it .

Went for my 32,000 km service. Tire (stock A23s) and brake pad wear at both looking pretty good: 6/32 left on the tires and 7 and 8 mm on the pads, front and rear respectively. I would prefer if the tires would wear a little less but it seems par the course with the Toyos.

Last edited:
[.jpg[/IMG] Added JDM headrests. Before and after. Purchased from Japanparts.com
Nice. I'm about to order some Autoexe outer tie rods from them. The ball joint on the end (almost two part) has more articulation than the OEM rod, which on a lowered car can wear and squeak over time.

resize_image.php

Last edited:
d8617b4253f00c5e978189afb622da0b.jpg

Test fit of the CorkSport Big Brake Kit. Looks good. They are now getting powdercoated along with the rears. Will post an update when they come back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back