The CX-5 LED Lighting Thread

I can't get the plate bulb out of the socket for some reason. I don't want too use a tool bc I'm afraid it might break it. Does it twist out or just pulls out? And what size are the dome lights 29mm?

Supposedly another option to resistors is a LED compatible flasher, which aren't very expensive if you can find the right replacement and can access the OEM flasher. Does anyone know where the flasher is mounted in the CX-5? It's usually mounted somewhere behind the dash.

But the question was if a resistor was even needed for the '16 with Tech, as the main heads and trails are already LED.

No sense in buying anything with resistor pre-wired if it is not needed.

It pulls straight out. It's sometimes hard to get a good grip on the glass because it is slippery and you are afraid of breaking it, with the required trip to the ER to get the glass out of your finger. Try wearing rubber gloves, which should give you a better grip and protect your fingers if the glass breaks.

I can't get the plate bulb out of the socket for some reason. I don't want too use a tool bc I'm afraid it might break it. Does it twist out or just pulls out? And what size are the dome lights 29mm?

It pulls straight out. It's sometimes hard to get a good grip on the glass because it is slippery and you are afraid of breaking it, with the required trip to the ER to get the glass out of your finger. Try wearing rubber gloves, which should give you a better grip and protect your fingers if the glass breaks.

Lol thanks seemed like a dumb question but I just couldn't get it lol. Are the dome lights 31mm or 29mm?

Lol thanks seemed like a dumb question but I just couldn't get it lol. Are the dome lights 31mm or 29mm?

29mm but you 'could' cram a 31mm festoon in there. The clips are springy so you could compress them to fit the 31mm festoon.

I have a 2015 Sport with Tech package. I ordered these http://amzn.com/B00U88HS2C thinking they would replace my yellow DRL. But my DRL were L shaped, & had a different connector.
Could someone please tell me what fitting I need for my DRL? & also, would I be able to replace my headlights with LED bulbs?

Edit: It seems I need a 9005 bulb, which some say loses high beam functionality with LED's. Can anyone recommend a good bright white 9005 bulb? Or any other alternatives?

Last edited:
I have a 2015 Sport with Tech package. I ordered these http://amzn.com/B00U88HS2C thinking they would replace my yellow DRL. But my DRL were L shaped, & had a different connector.
Could someone please tell me what fitting I need for my DRL? & also, would I be able to replace my headlights with LED bulbs?

Edit: It seems I need a 9005 bulb, which some say loses high beam functionality with LED's. Can anyone recommend a good bright white 9005 bulb? Or any other alternatives?

you apparently dont have the tech package ,or that package changed, if you have 9005's as your drl(and most likely highbeam)

Has anybody ever smoked out the headlight housing? I've done it on my previose vehicle just wondering how they would look like but I can't find any thread that they mention it.

Has anybody ever smoked out the headlight housing? I've done it on my previose vehicle just wondering how they would look like but I can't find any thread that they mention it.

These are your headlights:
)=============================-------------

)=============================-------------

These are your headlights on drugs:
)--------------------------------------------------

)--------------------------------------------------

I do not recommend "smoking out" your headlights.

Where can I find a good led replacement for my daytime running light? And also I want to do a full white led interior including the trunk. Any help would be great

I have a 2016 touring non tech

So has anyone tried LED's in their '16 with Tech turn signals to see if loading resistors are required to prevent hyperflashing?

So has anyone tried LED's in their '16 with Tech turn signals to see if loading resistors are required to prevent hyperflashing?

Honestly I'd just get a marker for like $5 on ebay and test it lol.

New to the forum here. I went to O'reillys and plugged in a 7443 LED in the front to see. I only used the flashers as a test and they did not hyperlink. I ordered a set of Switchbacks with resistors for $18 on eBay and will give them a try and see. If they hyperlink then ill add the resistors.

I have a 16' GT W/ tech

Just chiming in on interior lights. Bought this https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) for 2016 sport and installed the 4 map lights and the inside hatch light no problem. Don't have vanity lights and didn't do the license plate lights yet. The "installation tool" it comes with pretty much saved my ass because the tape kept coming off my screwdriver. I'd recommend it just for the tool. I did manage to chip one of the 4 tabs on the clear cover for the hatch light though - that thing was a pain to pop out. Everything was connected via fuse #54.

I bought the same set, but mine was missing the "installation tool."

I ended up just using a small flathead screwdriver without incident.

I replaced my vanity incandescent bulbs with LED's and quickly swapped back to stock within a week. The color temperature and the unnecessary additional brightness made it impossible for me and all my passengers to use the mirror at night.

New to the forum here. I went to O'reillys and plugged in a 7443 LED in the front to see. I only used the flashers as a test and they did not hyperlink. I ordered a set of Switchbacks with resistors for $18 on eBay and will give them a try and see. If they hyperBlink then ill add the resistors.

I have a 16' GT W/ tech

Installed the lights the other night. They do Hyper Blink (flash) when using the blinkers but not when using the flashers. Very happy with the light output and how they look. Unlike another set i have in my Honda, when you activate the blinker, the white running light turns off and the amber blinks, once blinker is turned off the white running light turns back on. Kinda how the newer audi, mercedes, etc front led/blinkers work.
I also installed all LEDS in the interior lights and license plate.

D1D56CC0-F6B6-40DB-BADF-B9EEB2A2B4CA_zpszdkmx4pj.jpg
[/URL]
4C0FC581-CDB9-48C7-ABCF-FAC1ECE5A5BA_zps6zfclhts.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Back