The Ohio Random Thread... aka We Should Probably Be Working

for your rusty bolt issues, I copied and pasted from another forum:

Machinist’s Workshop Mag™ recently published some information on various penetrating oils that I found
very interesting. Some of you might appreciate this. The magazine reports they tested penetrates for
break out torque on rusted nuts.

They are below, as forwarded by an ex-student and professional machinist. They arranged a subjective
test of all the popular penetrates with the control being the torque required to remove the nut from a
“scientifically rusted” environment.

*Penetrating oil .......... Average load*

None ........................... 516 pounds
WD-40 ..................... ... 238 pounds
PB Blaster .................... 214 pounds
Liquid Wrench ............... 127 pounds
Kano Kroil .................... 106 pounds
ATF*-Acetone mix...............53 pounds

The ATF-Acetone mix was a “home brew” mix of 50 - 50 automatic transmission fluid and acetone. Note
the “home brew” was better than any commercial product in this one particular test.

Note also that “Liquid Wrench” is almost as good as “Kroil” for about 20% of the price.

Steve from Godwin-Singer says that ATF-Acetone mix is the best and you can also use ATF- lacquer
thinner 50 - 50 mix.

*ATF=Automatic Transmission Fluid

hmm I have always been a PB advocate. but liquid wrench is nice that it stays foamed up and stuck to the area sprayed with it. I am going to try the ATF mix

haha people are idiots. Was this when computers were just getting popular or something?

The ending is good if you haven't watched it.

If you never had to deal with Tech Support, this is the kind of stuff that we have to deal with everyday. It's fairly old (look at Halo, LOL), but it gives you a small look into what us 'Techs' have to go through sometimes, lol

the video is at least 7 years old, but I can vouch for stupid people calling tech support... also, everybody at the office today is taking about the IT crowd, which I never found funny

the video is at least 7 years old, but I can vouch for stupid people calling tech support... also, everybody at the office today is taking about the IT crowd, which I never found funny

You must not have a soul, because the IT crowd is hilarious. I started re-watching it again on Netflix recently.

haha people are idiots.

qft.

Just had a guy stop in our building from Apple Creek, OH because he wants a Partial Release done next week...it's usually a 3 month process. Best part is, he can't do what he's asking for.

Over the weekend Alison picked up a new CX-5!

20141019_161121.jpg

After a couple of years my garage is again an all red Mazda affair:

20141019_180122.jpg

The reason for the new car is unfortunately a bad accident that happened at the beginning of the month that totaled her 3:

WVgrdc.jpg

Looks good Will. I guess the Toyota is relegated to out side parking? I suggest picking up some JDM rear head rests they are short like the center headrest and make using the rear view mirror much easier.
We just got back from our trip to Arkansas visiting my sister and we now have over 10,000 miles on our CX5 already.

I'll check those out. I'm not buying anything for it since it's not my car ;) but I will recommend them to Alison.

But yeah, I moved the truck outside. Just until the Miata goes away for the winter.

I got my headrests for ~220 shipped. We love them compared to the USDM headrests. I also got the front windows tinted and replaced the factory exhaust tips.

Back