2015 Mazda CX-5?

Thanks for a great thread, everyone. Based on comparing the 2014 pdf brochure (http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/brochures/2014/2014_CX5_BROCHURE.pdf) to the new 2015 brochure, there definitely does not appear to be any upgrade to the navigation or stereo systems. The 2015 brochure is still touting a TomTom navigation system, and a "5.8-inch color touch-screen display". The "Advanced Keyless Entry", which previously was "available with the Grand Touring Technology Package," is now "standard on Touring and Grand Touring models". The colors "Stormy Blue Mica" and "Sky Blue Mica" have changed to "Deep Crystal Blue Mica" and "Blue Reflex Mica," but I believe that change already happened with the 2014.5 update. Throughout the brochure, it looks like the words "Pandora Internet radio compatibility" have been replaced with "Pandora integration," though I doubt that means anything.

On the listed features for each model, it looks like the Bluetooth Audio Package available on the 'Sport' model now includes "E911 automatic emergency notification," in addition to what it already included. The 'Touring' (and 'Grand Touring') models now includes "Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System" as a standard feature. The 'Grand Touring' model, which has SiriusXM satellite radio, now includes a 4-month trial subscription the the "SiriusXM All-Access package," instead of to the "Sirius Select Package" mentioned in the 2014 brochure. I have no idea if that's different, or just a name change, since I don't use Sirius.

Hope this helps someone. Personally, I'm looking forward to buying a new 2014.5 CX-5 Touring model pretty soon. :)

So it's standard or part of the tech package?

If Advanced Keyless Entry comes with a 2015 Touring w/o the Tech package, be better to wait for a 2015.

MATR6, it is definitely on the list of standard features, according to the brochure I got at the dealer today. I will attach a jpg scan of that page. My thinking in leaning towards the 2014.5 is that keyless entry is nice, and the MSRP is not going up significantly, but I could probably save a good bit of money by getting a good deal on a vehicle already in dealer stock. Perhaps you could share what make the keyless entry system awesome to you and worth waiting for? :)

2015 cx-5 features.jpg

MATR6, it is definitely on the list of standard features, according to the brochure I got at the dealer today. I will attach a jpg scan of that page. My thinking in leaning towards the 2014.5 is that keyless entry is nice, and the MSRP is not going up significantly, but I could probably save a good bit of money by getting a good deal on a vehicle already in dealer stock. Perhaps you could share what make the keyless entry system awesome to you and worth waiting for? :)

View attachment 206534
I bought my 2014 on Feb 2, 2013 when they still had 2013s on the lot & I got a great deal ($29,200 bf TTL, incl destination)
I'm pretty sure yiu can get a decent deal on a 2015.
I would never buy a car without advanced keyless entry.
It's so convenient & the CX-5 allows you to change settings in the car settings.
You don't need to take the key out of your pocket/purse to unlock/lock, start the car.
When you walk away, the doors automatically lock, you'll hear a beep to confirm.
It makes life easier with toddlers or when you're carrying groceries, to just press a button on the door to unlock all the doors. Try it out at the dealer. I know it's not necessary, but once you have it, you can't live without it.
Both my car (Mazdaspeed6) & my wife's CX-5 have it.
There's a thread on here debating GT vs Touring, because most people wanted the Advanced Keyless but has to get a GT with Tech Package to get it, which is thousands more than a Touring W/O tech, which now comes with Advanced Keyless for 2015.
2015s should be hitting the lots within a month so it won't be a long wait.

Last edited:
Kind of wish I did step up and bought the GT model for the Advanced Keyless Entry just because this car is a push button start so getting out keys to unlock the door is annoying lol. If it required key to start the car, I wouldn't mind. And definitely miss the automatic climate control on my previous vehicle... But I didn't really like leather seats as it gets too hot during summer.

being forced to buy the tech package to get the advanced keyless entry feature was the main reason i did not buy a 2014.

My biggest regret was not getting the tech package for the remote entry. My sales guy did not really push the system but honestly, I wish I had it. I mountain bike a lot and always struggle to dig my keys out of my camelback to unlock the doors. It would be great if I could just walk up to the car, with my keys still in my pack, and unlock the door.

Can someone with the 2015 brochure check if the color choices for the body and interior have changed? Is sand color offered with different outside paint colors?

View attachment 206534

thanks for posting the brochure. no homelink without the tech package - fail.

FWIW, Advanced Keyless Entry is one of my favourite features on this car and one which I'd never really given much weight to before.

just got back from the Minneapolis Auto show and they had the 2015 CX-5. No changes for the GT. Cemented my mind to pick up a 2014.5 this week. Can't wait to trade in the sturdy 2005 Tribute for something more modern and with better gas mileage.

Drove our 2015 GT home tonight. No obvious changes - nav is TomTom. The sales guy seemed to think the leather was nicer, and the white stitching on the tan leather was changed to gold. Also, he thought the shifter console was more streamlined and slightly different/nicer dash material. Didn't have time to do a direct comparison, but that's it for now...will take pics soon. If you guys have any specific questions, lemme know and I'm happy to investigate...

What do we think the chances are for the 2015.5 arriving with a new head unit? One of the factors holding me back on getting the current model is the size of the touchscreen. Current owners, is this something you got/you're getting used to? Or is it not that big of a deal?

Back